- Pay Rate:
£15.37 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
30 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
- Poole, Dorset,
Temporary Independent Living Officer – Housing
Reference no: ATR 5228634
Pay Rate: £15.37 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 4 months
Part time hours are available
The purpose of the role is to contribute to the overall management of the buildings in relation to Health and Safety ensuring compliance and regulations are adhered to and the areas are well maintained internally and externally. This will require use of an IT based Health & Safety / Fire compliance system to keep accurate records.
Provide an Enhanced Housing Management service to all customers which may include being the first point of call for customers and liaising with other internal and external departments to respond to any concerns in relation to anti-social behaviour, tenancy issues, neighbourhood issues and rent accounts. This will involve building professional and effective relationships with customers and promoting independence.
- Ensure Person Centered Risk Assessments are offered annually to customers to identify any high-risk customers in terms of fire safety and implement any safety plans required around this, this may include making external referrals to fire services for further intervention. And accurate recording on central Customer Relations Management database.
- Report and effectively manage communal repairs throughout complex buildings – liaise with internal Estate Services team in relation to grounds maintenance and cleaning services.
- In relation to contractors who may be working on site report any concerns to the appropriate department.
- Seek to ensure the scheme is safe whilst meeting the complex needs of customers when dealing with antisocial behaviour with support from other departments (ASB team for example).
- Be present and assessable to our customers on Independent Living Schemes covering a small-medium geographical location and to provide occasional cover for other team members for a short period of time.
- Ensure good communication and working relationships with the onsite care providers within our Extra Care Schemes.
- Arrange and attend scheme meetings with customers and external stakeholders if necessary, to ensure Aster provides customers with effective feedback and updates on performance delivery, this may include liaising with various internal colleagues in relation to communal repairs, cleaning and ground maintenance, and service charge queries to provide a response to customers.
- Complete quarterly meetings with providers of services (where there is a Facility Use Agreement in place) within the schemes to identify any issues and ensure good customer service is maintained. This may include liaising with on-site meal providers, hairdressers and other groups providing a service to our customers.
- Be involved with the decision making around new customers on schemes and ensuring they fit the eligibility criteria for independent living schemes.
- Complete property viewings with any potential new customers to ensure they have been offered an open and transparent approach from the beginning of their customer journey when this is possible.
- Provide a welcome service to all new customers to ensure they are aware of the building information including any emergency procedures and how to access the Independent Living Service. At the six-week point liaise with the internal Housing Team to ensure a tenancy ‘settling in visit’ is carried out.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE Standard (or equivalent), including passes in English and Maths.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Previous Health and Safety experience desirable with the ability to develop skills and attend training; demonstrate a willingness to learn.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal departments and suppliers, able to handle enquiries in a confident, professional and competent manner.
- Ability to follow instructions, organise and plan daily workload to known deadlines and project requirements.
- Basic understanding of safeguarding and vulnerable customers needs.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full UK driving licence is required for this role.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Independent Living Officer – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.