- Pay Rate:
£12.23 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Rugby, Warwickshire,
Temporary Independent Living Co-Ordinator – Housing
Reference no: Rugby TCL 5240329
Pay Rate: £12.23 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
City: Rugby, Warwickshire
The purpose of the role is to provide an effective housing management service to residents living in the council’s Independent Living Schemes. Work with residents of the council’s Independent Living Schemes to ensure they can live independently and remain in their own home.
The successful candidate will cover a number of Independent Living schemes, completing H&S checks, welfare calls and visits, Housing experience required preferably with a local authority setting.
- To work as part of a small team providing an independent living and housing management service for all residents within the Independent Living Schemes allocated to the team.
- Work with the team to co-ordinate regular visits to all residents in their own homes to check their wellbeing, increasing visits as appropriate to their needs at any particular time.
- Raise concerns about the welfare of residents with relatives, GPs, external agencies, care agencies and support providers in a timely manner to ensure that resident’s needs are identified and provided for. This could be via various means of communication, including case reviews, referrals to support or care agencies or emergency services as appropriate.
- Promote health and wellbeing with residents and assist them in organising a programme of events and activities to be provided in the communal facilities of a scheme managed by the team.
- Work with other council services, relevant external organisations, and the voluntary sector to facilitate their providing activities in the communal areas of a scheme that could also include the wider community.
- Encourage all residents to participate in any activities or programmes taking place within their schemes or any nearby schemes.
- Provide a housing management service to all residents within the schemes.
- Work with other teams within the Communities & Homes Service and other service areas of the council when required to progress, clarify, or seek assistance with any housing management function or other issue.
- Provide cover for other members of the team in the event of sickness and for holidays ensuring there is no disruption in the service provided to residents.
- Ensure all required fire and health and safety checks are carried out and recorded in line with the council’s policies and procedures. All work arising as a result of the checks should be reported to the relevant service area and monitored for completion.
- Promote, demonstrate, install, and test the council’s lifeline equipment at specified intervals to ensure it is functioning correctly, and to report any faults immediately to the Control Centre.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working with and understanding the needs of older and vulnerable people to enable them to live independently.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of the issues that impact on people living independently, e.g. dementia, falls, isolation. Safeguarding, etc.
- Excellent organisational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Working as part of a team and understanding the needs of teamwork.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Independent Living Co-Ordinator – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.