- Pay Rate:
£15.50 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ILFORD, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Income Recovery Officer – Consumer Protection & Licensing
Job Reference: Redbridge RQ790320
Pay Rate: £15.50 per hour PAYE
To undertake the collection of a range of sundry debts owed to the Consumer Protection and Licensing team.
- Submission of unpaid Civil Penalty Notices (small claims) on Government debtor system.
- Production of new invoices, adjustments and amendments collection issues and good client liaison skills
- Chasing up unpaid debts and take steps to mitigate write offs
- Attend monthly financial meetings with performance updates
- Chase up unpaid property licence fees
- Refer larger unpaid debts to Debt Recovery Agency to reduce amount of write offs
- To assist in any ad hoc tasks that will bring in income to the service.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are paramount
- Administer invoices and letters confidently on the financial software Ash Debtors system
- Use Verso Rocktime (Property Licensing software) and CIVICA APP database.
- Negociate effective payment plans (via mediation) in conjunction with Enforcement officers/Principals/Management
- Take telephone payments and submit via Civica Pay and update case file/records.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Minimum of 2 years' recent debt recovery experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Sound relevant credit control experience in a large organisation.
- Experience of investigating and resolving customer queries and advising service managers.
- Experience of taking payments over the telephone.
- Experience of setting up direct debits over the telephone and trained in direct debit rules and regulations.
- Experience of achieving performance targets in order to continuously improve services.
- Experience of working in teams that takes into account the needs of diverse customer groups.
- Experience of reconciling customer accounts.
- Basic knowledge of local government functions.
- Thorough knowledge of computerised debt collection systems.
- Knowledge of legal and enforcement processes in respect of debt recovery.
- Understanding of how income collection and allocation processes work.
- A knowledge of County Court procedures - desirable
- Specific Skills required for this Role:
- Excellent customer care skills. Able to keep calm and remain professional in the face of irate customers.
- Excellent telephone and writing skills when contacting customers. The customer base is diverse and the ability to communicate fully and effectively is paramount.
- Able to plan, prioritise and organise workloads in order to meet corporate objectives and customer needs.
- Ability to reconcile both simple and complex accounts.
- Able to apply direct debit rules and regulations.
- Ability to assist in the implementation of new initiatives to support corporate objectives and customer needs.
- Ability to understand and resolve customer queries from a diverse customer base.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Skills:Experience of using Microsoft Office software (Excel/Word/Outlook).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Income Recovery Officer – Consumer Protection & Licensing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.