- Pay Rate:
£14.58 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ISLINGTON, LONDON,
Income Recovery Assistant
Reference no: Islington RQ737984
Pay rate £14.58 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
Income Recovery Assistant will be responsible for supporting Team Leaders on service delivery and development and, where appropriate statutory and professional accountabilities
- To be responsible to the Team Leader, for the provision of administrative and support services to the Rent Arrears Team.
- To undertake rent arrears recovery work by monitoring and taking action up to and including the service of a Notice Order Seeking Possession when required.
- To ensure that all computer systems are constantly updated and reflect the accurate position of all arrears recovery activity.
- To undertake initial interviews with tenants and their representatives regarding income recovery matters. Including liaising with other agencies or departments on the tenants behalf.
- To deal with tenants rent queries and making arrangements with them to clear arrears.
- To undertake home visits in order to assist tenants as required in line with Income recovery procedure
- To give general advice to tenants about their claim for housing benefit, payments, DWP deductions, transfers with arrears, garage & parking arrears and any income related issues. To forward any tenancy related issues to the Tenancy Management team when bought to their attention e.g death notifications from Housing Benefits section.
- To maintain proper systems to monitor mail, complaints and enquiries concerning service delivery.
- To work as a team covering duties as directed by the Team Leader.
- To manage income recovery action on garages and parking spaces up to and including repossession. To manage tenancy rent accounts
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A relevant Housing Qualification
- Experience of working in an administrative office, ideally within social housing environment
- Experience of using computer based systems such as word, excel and outlook and the ability, with training, to quickly learn new systems
- Proven experience of providing administrative support to teams of professional staff within a busy office environment
- Ability to turn up to work on time, punctually, be flexible and be able to cover duties with the ability to work early or late when required with notice
- Ability to compile, maintain and assist in the updating of complex filing and other systems
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work in support of colleagues in the team
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Income Recovery Assistant
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.