- Pay Rate:
£14.50 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Southwark, London,
Temporary Income Officer/Admin x 3 – Housing
Reference no: Southwark 5228879
Pay Rate: £14.50 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Hybrid working after the initial 2 weeks of training.
Enhanced DBS disclosure required for this role
The assignment will be part of a team responsible for the collection of rent and service charge income, (both former and current accounts), for the Housing Department. This will include the monitoring of accounts to prevent arrears and taking appropriate action in the event of arrears.
- Provide debt counselling and welfare benefit advice and assistance in a clear and sensitive manner, having reference to the levels of vulnerability and disadvantage within the borough.
- Make appropriate arrangements for the recovery of debts in accordance with Council policy, procedures and working practices.
- Where required prepare for, attend and represent the Council in Court with due regard for legal rules and protocols.
- Operate and utilise systems for the administration of direct payments, for the monitoring of Housing Benefits, for the monitoring of the performance of other service providers, for example for Legal Services, Tracing Agents, Housing and Council Tax Benefit.
- Undertake analysis of individual and collective debt trends from computer and manual records and to produce reports recommending courses of action to improve or maximise income collection.
- Undertake former tenant debt recovery procedures, including tracing former tenants using all available sources of information. Will make decisions and recommendations (subject to local scheme of management) on the use of tracing and debt collection agencies, on legal action and on the write-off of irrecoverable and bad debts.
- Undertake general customer service duties on a wide range of housing management enquiries.
- Ensure that service delivery is in line with equal opportunities policies, procedures and best practice.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to ‘O’ level/GCSE standard or similar qualification.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Understanding of inner city housing issues.
- Knowledge of debt management procedures, including legal process, rent and service charge setting principles.
- Knowledge of computerised rental management systems.
- Working knowledge of DSS benefit levels and provisions (Desirable)
- Understanding of the issues relating to equal opportunities in service delivery.
- Experience in a customer facing role, ideally in a social housing field.
- Experienced in the application of housing revenue collection procedures and policies.
- Able to understand and effectively use rent accounting systems.
- Able to understand and effectively use legal processes.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Income Officer/Admin x 3 – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.