- Pay Rate:
up to £16.60 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary In Year Team Leader x2 - Management
Reference no: Bradford 5228477
Pay rate up to £16.60 per hour PAYE depending on experience
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
Will need to quickly pick up processes in accordance with the School Admissions Code 2021. As a TL may be required to supervise Admissions Officers
- Ensure that the LA’s statutory responsibilities are carried out in accordance with admissions law. Maintain and develop knowledge of current legislation and other educational factors that affect admissions and appeals in order to contribute to policy development and review.
- Responsible for assisting and contributing in the development and review of admissions software and other systems to improve processes in administering and recording in year admissions data for analysis and reporting purposes for senior management and elected members.
- In liaison with Lead Officers, review and develop strategies to resolve local admission issues in relation to pressure on school places and the high volume of in year applications.
- Build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external services to support the safeguarding of children, e.g. schools, Behaviour Support, SEN, LAC Team, Education Social Work, New Communities and Traveller services, Legal Services, Social Care etc.
- Assist in the regularly liaison with Headteachers, the secondary Behaviour and Attendance Collaboratives, Fair Access Panels and the Primary Area Headteachers to ensure timely admission of vulnerable and challenging children. This will require the post holder to attend and /or deputise at meetings where necessary and use their own judgement, advocacy and negotiation skills to attain the best possible outcome.
- Deal effectively and sensitively with a range of complex and contentious admissions issues and enquiries from the public, schools, elected members, internal and external agencies through differing means of communication (telephone, email, letters and face to face).
- Carries out supervision & appraisal to support staff, maintain standards and convey priorities, performance; to identify and provide training and support for admission officers relating to the in year admissions and Fair Access process, as and when required by Lead Officers.
- Responsible for investigating sensitive background information from schools and external Agencies. Use information to ascertain whether an application should be considered under the Fair Access Protocol (FAP). Collate relevant information for the Fair Access Panels, attend and/or deputise and ensure decisions are communicated to those involved.
- Support vulnerable families (e.g. LAC, child protection, domestic violence cases) through timely liaison with relevant agencies and schools, maintaining confidentiality at all times and ensure confidentiality and sensitive information on individual child’s records, in accordance with Information Security policy
- Responsible, in conjunction with the Fair Access & In Year Lead for ensuring that all applications are dealt with within published timescales. Arranging Fair Access meetings and sending out the relevant paperwork. Ensuring that any Admissions or Admin officers involved in the process have completed their work in a timely manner for presentation
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knows the costs for products and services within own area of responsibility
- Knows and understands how to analyse, interpret and present complex information from a variety of sources
- Knowledge of the school environment and the impact of mid year allocations
- At least 2 years demonstrable experience in an Admissions environment and extensive experience and knowledge of all areas of schools admissions and appeals guidance and legislation
- Experience of dealing effectively with sensitive, complex and contentious information and provide guidance for parents written, verbal and face to face.
- Experience of supervising staff and giving feedback on a day to day basis.
- Experience of supporting vulnerable families and liaising with relevant agencies
- Experience in collaborative relationships, negotiating and influencing outcomes
- Ability to adopt a process of continual improvement and suggest ways of working more efficient and effectively to improve service delivery
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
In Year Team Leader x2 - Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.