- Pay Rate:
£25.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 12 months
Interim ICT Business Analyst - Children’s Social Care
Job Ref: Dorset 5243407
Pay Rate: £25.00 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 12 months
Standard DBS required for this role
The purpose of the role is to provide technical advice and analysis of business requirements leading to the creation of a system specification (product design) for new solutions or change control within existing systems. Ensure the day to day delivery and support of customer focused operational ICT services (to include coordination of incident management (1st/2nd line), request fulfilment and deskside support) to agreed performance levels.
- Prepare full technical specifications and plans for ICT system implementations and/or changes, monitor the progress against them and updating stakeholders as appropriate.
- Provide subject leadership, mentoring and coaching to colleagues across the section and provide matrix management daily for the co-ordination of teams of technical subject matter experts. Some roles may be required to have direct line management for employees within their specific functional area of expertise.
- Contribute towards developing and/or maintaining standards & methods to monitor quality assurance with a view to driving continuous improvement in the performance of ICT systems
- Contribute towards developing and/or maintaining standards & methods to effectively test applications and systems with a view to improving the quality of solutions.
- Work collaboratively with a range of people, most notably the Digital Design function, to support the commissioning process and explore new ways of exploiting ICT systems to meet business needs. This will include briefing colleagues on the business and common systems portfolio capabilities and the roadmaps of suppliers.
- Adopt a ‘Product Design’ approach to designing solutions in user-centric and Agile manner.
- Support the ICT Operations Manager in resolving complex problems with, and advising on, complex change requests to ICT systems including negotiating with suppliers.
- Monitor service delivery against performance levels. Analyse service performance regularly to identify opportunities to improve. Initiate or report these actions.
- Be proactive in identifying opportunities for improvement in performance across the service and within the team with a particular emphasis on supporting corporate plan objectives, ICT customer satisfaction and reducing cost of ICT service provision.
- Extract new business requirements from front-line social care teams.
- Translate requirements into system development specifications.
- Assist in the development of MOSAIC forms and workflows
- Lead on functional testing of new features.
- Assist with business user acceptance testing.
- Work closely with Business Intelligence and reporting team.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Recognised IT qualification commensurate with the National Qualification Framework Level 3 (e.g. BTEC).
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Demonstrable track record of in-depth experience across a wide ICT infrastructure
- including either proprietary or in-house software solutions.
- Experience of successfully dealing with prioritisation conflicts.
- Demonstrable track record of contributing to service improvement and seeking innovation.
- Experience of developing positive business relationships at all levels to help achieve business objectives.
- Demonstrable track record of influencing and managing change.
- Experience of working in partnership to deliver improved outcomes.
- Track record of successfully mentoring and coaching less experienced colleagues in areas of expertise and specialism.
Skills & Abilities:
- Expert knowledge in a number of unique specialist areas, determined by the context for the role, with the individual acting as the lead practitioner in that area across the business solutions function.
- Children’s Social Care business process knowledge.
- In depth knowledge and awareness of process modelling languages (e.g. UML).
- In depth knowledge and awareness of implementing, supporting and maintaining commercial software packages and/or in house developed software packages.
- A broad awareness of ICT best practice, trends and capabilities within the private and public sectors – knowing what is possible.
- Awareness of mentoring and coaching techniques in order to successfully train and develop colleagues in areas of expert knowledge and skill.
- An awareness of best practice in managing the delivery of ICT services, programmes and projects; to include formal frameworks and methodologies such as ITIL Service management and PRINCE2.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- Development Specification creation
- MOSAIC forms and workflow development
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
ICT Business Analyst - Children’s Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.