- Pay Rate:
Up to £18.81 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Temporary Human Resources Business Partner
Reference no: Bury 0006 F1A1 / 1
Pay Rate: Up to £18.81 per hour PAYE depending on experience
The purpose of the role is to deliver the provision of a comprehensive HR service, which facilitates the achievement of organisational goals and adds value to the employee/employer relationship. Provide detailed HR advice on a range of complex HR matters, enabling managers to confidently respond to people management issues as they arise.
- Assess and interpret complex data to gain insights about the organisation, it’s customers and its broader context.
- Partner with colleagues (across HR and in specialist area) and leaders to develop shared insights, priorities and activities as part of the organisational plan and strategy.
- Coach and build capability of managers to handle situations effectively rather than managing the issue for them.
- Work with managers and employees to provide people management and development, and legal direction, advice, challenge and support.
- Confidently advise and challenge leaders and managers based on own professional point of view.
- Apply sound people management practices to contribute to building high performing teams.
- Administer redundancy or individual severance programmes in line with employment law, keeping appropriate records.
- Advise employees about the organisation’s values and behavioural expectations and how to raise concerns.
- Work with individuals and managers to ensure adherence to organisational values and behaviours in everyday practice.
- Support and coach HR colleagues and managers in understanding and complying with Employee Relations policies and practices.
- Use insights about the organisation and the context to identify opportunities, priorities and potential risks.
- Work with and influence managers through change by outlining the rationale, vision, required action and impact of change.
- Work with managers to gain insight into opportunities for efficiency improvement.
- Work with managers to complete tools and frameworks which will help define the case for change.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- In possession of or working towards Degree level qualification in Human Resources.
- CIPD Member.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Significant experience of working within a busy HR office.
- Experience of advising managers and/or employees on HR issues at any level.
- Experience of working in an environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Experience using IT systems including Microsoft Office and HR Payroll systems to produce statistics, reports and correspondence as required.
- Experience of dealing with complex situations where outcomes may not be straightforward.
- Awareness of the change agenda within Public Services and the HR issues this presents.
- Understanding of local authority conditions of service for employees.
- Understanding of HR policy, procedure and best practice.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically on a variety of levels.
- Ability to produce written correspondence, reports and statistics to a high level.
- Ability to co-ordinate and chair meetings.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to undertake problem solving and develop initiative solutions.
- Ability to prioritise workload where demands are frequently changing.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Human Resources Business Partner x 2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.