- Pay Rate:
£11.47 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
HR Operations Officer
Reference no: Bath RQ743337
Pay rate £11.47 per hour PAYE
WFH options available - min 2 days in the offices at Keynsham
To provide an efficient and responsive HR Operations service, acting as first point of contact for all HR Operations queries, providing advice and guidance to managers and staff across the Council
- Act as first point of contact for all HR Operations queries, providing customer friendly advice and guidance to managers and staff across the Council
- Coach Managers and employees through the advice and information given, helping them feel more confident to handle some matters independently in future.
- Log incoming enquiries, categorising them accurately to provide performance data.
- Ensure that information given to customers is up to date. Highlight any need for further communications or updates on a subject.
- Liaise with HR Operations Specialist - HR systems & support regarding the location and accessibility of information particularly in regard to HR Operations activity and HR intranet information, making suggestions to improve ease of access
- Maintain accurate HR & Payroll data through timely recording and upkeep of information on both the HR Information system and manual files. Ensure control processes are followed and maintain a complete audit trail of all changes. In the case of the HR Information system carry out regular cleansing of data.
- Participate in various audits to ensure compliance to required record keeping and other protocols.
- Provide support for running HR reports and distributing management information to provide customers with quality, timely management information.
- Raise purchase orders and invoices on behalf of the HR & HSWB team, process payments and maintain records of expenditure against budget.
- Participate in the delivery of training for our customers on HR Operations systems and processes to include advice and support to ensure maximum benefit and efficiencies are obtained
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent with a commitment to gaining a formal Level 3 HR/Payroll qualification via an apprenticeship or other qualification route)
- Experience of providing administrative and technical support for a range of HR Operations functions including employee life cycle, recruitment, HR system maintenance and development, financial controls
- Experience of advising and providing first resolution of queries on conditions of service, employee lifecycle matters, recruitment and general employment enquiries
- Previous experience of using HR information systems and ensuring accurate and timely recording of information and efficient upkeep of personnel files
- Experience of undertaking data analysis with accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office and an ability to manipulate data in excel to produce relevant management information
- Ability to cope with conflicting demands and deadlines
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
HR Operations Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.