- Pay Rate:
up to £16.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Reference no: Bolton 0006 BC12 / 1
Pay rate up to £16.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
To support the achievement of the HR Team’s key work objectives, contained within the Service Plan
- To work as part of the HR Team to support the delivery of an effective, high quality service
- To support Managers in operating the HR policy framework eg Recruitment & Selection, Grievance, Disciplinary, Managing Absence and Managing Capability etc
- To provide advice and guidance and support to managers and staff in relation to Terms and Conditions and Employee Relations issues
- To develop and maintain a network of internal and external contacts and sources of information.
- To keep abreast of organisation changes and developments and the impact on the work of the HR Team.
- To access and maintain the Oracle system and any additional manual information systems that may be required in order to provide accurate information, access to services, advice and support to the team
- To extract, analyse and collate written and numerical information from a variety of sources
- To liaise and work effectively with other teams within the PT Division e.g. OH, H&S, OD
- To conduct one to one meetings with staff/managers, providing advice around redeployment, sickness etc
- To undertake relevant professional/management development
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- CIPD level 5 minimum qualification
- Experience of working in HR and delivering HR interventions e.g. full casework process, restructures
- Experience of managing projects and staff teams
- Experience of supporting managers and working with trade unions (desirable)
- Able to understand, interpret and apply the HR Policy Framework
- Able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing in order to persuade and influence within the HR service delivery
- Able to respond to and follow up requests for information using ICT appropriately
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
her “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.