- Pay Rate:
£17.98 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- Swinton, Greater Manchester,
Temporary HR & OD Consultant - Schools
Reference no: Salford 0006 9344 / 1
Pay Rate: £17.98 per hour PAYE
Please note that the pay rate for this role is likely to be uplifted to reflect a higher than standard holiday allocation”.
The purpose of the role is to support the City Council and other customers to achieve their overall objectives by the provision of generalist HR and organisational development advice and support as directed by the HR Manager/Strategic HR Managers.
- Equip key managers / customers with the appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage their people in line with their people plans e.g. resourcing and talent planning, performance and talent management, pay and reward, absence management, safeguarding, conduct and dispute resolution and career management.
- Carry out the research to contribute to the design and development of creative HR initiatives and workforce solutions in support of HR strategies.
- Work with managers and stakeholders to assess capability and capacity of their teams to deliver on organisation priorities, and develop plans to address shortfalls.
- Provide expert advice and targeted consultation to ensure; targeted support and up to date policies, letters, and other resources, HR Policies are implemented on a consistent basis and assist in identifying changes that are required.
- Investigate, advise and report on proposals made by senior leaders relating to service transformation including changes to organisation structures, grading, job evaluation, rates of pay and allowances, conditions of service and undertake an active role in their implementation through the Councils re-design methodology, ensuring appropriate learning and development requirements and workforce plans are delivered.
- Support managers through the change management process including exit strategies.
- Work with managers to develop a performance management culture within their service area as a means of improving organisational performance through people.
- Develop effective and credible working relationships with managers, employees, the Trade Unions and other external agencies to ensure positive employee relations.
- To develop appropriate learning and development programmes to support organisational priorities and recommend the most appropriate delivery channel. Develop, pilot and evaluate learning and talent development initiatives.
- Work with managers to ensure they understand and are engaged with talent identification and succession activities and processes.
- Develop, support and deliver assessment and selection process to enable the organisation to make informed choices about candidates.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
Previous HR experience.
ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarify.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
HR & OD Consultant - Schools
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.