- Pay Rate:
£25.66 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6-7 months
- WOOLWICH, LONDON,
Reference no: Greenwich RQ743399
Pay rate £25.66 per hour PAYE
The role is part strategic and part operational. They will manage the work of the rest of the advisers, overseeing the allocation of case work, supervising advisors and ensuring that the Council’s people management targets are achieved at an operational level. The HR Manager will manage the staff resources within their HR grouping (Corporate and Core Services) as a pool of generic staff along with being a generic group in their own right. This means that although they may specialise in understanding one department’s work, work will allocated on a needs basis, rather than to a department. This will allow the whole groups to work on a single project for one department while advisors work on individual employee cases
- Lead the delivery of high quality, customer focussed advice and guidance to managers on all HR issues.
- Personally deliver high quality professional HR advice, to Senior Managers, and Assistant Directors, or to Headteachers and Governing Bodies in schools.
- To work with Management Teams to understand business needs within a specific Directorate or School in order to identify HR solutions to meet those needs and requirements, to ensure that RBG ‘gets the best’ from its staff
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- CIPD qualified (or equivalent HR qualification) with at least two years relevant experience or Chartered Member of the CIPD through the Experience Assessment
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation, its legal implications and HR best practice
- Significant experience of the management of complex casework including re-organisations and TUPE
- Experience of working with management, employees and trades unions to achieve staffing related service delivery improvements
- Experience of working with computerised information systems
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage staff and resources effectively
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.