- Pay Rate:
£10.98 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
- Hengoed, Wales,
Temporary HR Clerical Assistant/Admin – Human Resources
Reference no: Caerphilly 5239115
Pay Rate: £10.98 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
City: Hengoed, Wales
Office based role, although there may be opportunities to work remotely depending on service needs
The purpose of the role is to provide clerical support to the HR Department Teams, deliver high quality HR and Payroll services to managers and staff across the organisation.
- Ensure data is recorded accurately on the HR databases and information is stored correctly on the relevant system.
- Ensure information is processed efficiently to ensure the delivery of high quality HR services to the Authority.
- Provide relevant advice and guidance on systems and procedures and refer to senior staff when appropriate.
- Provide effective and efficient support to HR Teams to ensure the delivery of high quality HR services to the Authority.
- Responsible for the accurate filing and retrieval of confidential and sensitive data on both manual and computerised systems within the Department. This information and data must be handled in line with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1988.
- Accurate input of data in computerised HR systems which include HR, Payroll and Time Recording databases as well as spreadsheets.
- Draft and distribute correspondence, using standard templates where appropriate.
- Administer financial processes for the service area.
- Photocopy, print and collate documents including case files.
- Destruction of documents in line with the Department’s Information Management Policy.
- Deal with internal and external mail.
- Process DBS applications and renewals for job applicants, employees, Elected Members and for staff employed in external organisations for whom the Authority acts as an Umbrella Body.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- 5 GSCEs Grade A*-C or equivalent.
- NVQ Level 2 in Administration desirable.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working in an administrative team.
- Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication to suit a range of contacts.
- Ability to follow process and procedures and complete assigned work with high levels of accuracy and efficiency within given deadlines.
- Demonstrable good customer service skills.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
HR Clerical Assistant/Admin – Human Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.