- Pay Rate:
£16.06 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
- Ormskirk, Lancashire,
Temporary HR Business Partner – Human Resources
Reference no: W Lancashire RQ844901
Pay Rate: £16.06 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
To be a member of the nominated client-directorate management team as an HR consultant and assist the Director and Heads of Service to implement people management and change processes within the Directorate and services, and act as the facilitator for the management team, coaching them on HR Practice. To take a lead in HR project work as required and work will all service areas to support Heads of Service to deliver their COVID response requirements through the provision of appropriate management information and reports.
To work with Service Management teams as an HR consultant and assist Managers with the Transition into New Ways of Working (NWOW) and the introduction of an Agile Working Policy, acting as a facilitator for the management team, coaching them on best HR Practice.
- Proactively support and advise managers to deliver HR processes within the Council, coaching and helping Managers to ensure it is compliant with employment legislation and local and national Conditions of Service.
- Advise and support Managers, through a coaching style, to manage complex and difficult HR Case Work including management of sickness absence, and self-isolation associated with Covid absences.
- Be key liaison in the design, implantation and delivery of HR practice changes associated with the regional Lancashire response to Covid identified through the Lancashire Resilience Form HR tactical teams.
- Research and contribute to the development of Corporate HR Policies to address service and/or legislative requirements.
- Take a lead role in the delivery of the New Ways of Working programme under the direction of the HR&OD Manager. This includes the design and development of HR policies and related Trade Union consultation.
- Take lead responsibility under the direction of the Principal HR & OD Business Partner for the monitoring and delivery of the Covid response workforce Health and Wellbeing Action Plan.
- Act as a single point of the contact on all HR related Covid Response matters for the employees and managers across all service areas.
- Develop and deliver HR training in all relevant areas of HR provision, as required, including the individual coaching of Line Managers, as appropriate, in line with the People Strategy, but in particular to New Ways of Working and Responses on Covid related Health and Wellbeing initiatives as detailed in the Covid response workforce Health and Wellbeing Plan.
- Produce reports, statistics and bespoke letters as appropriate and general HR related filing and record management.
- Provide direct support to the Kickstart Team in relation to liaison with Payroll and any direct HR related advice.
- Assist in the delivery of organisational development needs as directed by the Principal HR & OD Business in relation to the People Strategy and related Learning and Development programmes.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum qualification of GCSE English and Maths at grade 4-9 (C or above) including Maths and English (or equivalent comparable work experience).
- Certificate in Human Resources Practice (or equivalent CIPD qualification Level 3) OR evidenced practical HR / Personnel knowledge gained whilst working in a Human Resources environment.
- Advanced Diploma in Human Resources Management (or equivalent CIPD qualification Level 5) degree or equivalent desirable.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Proven experience of working in a Human Resources environment.
- Excellent experience of understanding and interpreting detailed employment legislation, policies, practices and procedures.
- Experience of advising managers on complex case work in relation to for example, Discipline, Grievance, Sickness management etc.
- Excellent up to date understanding and interpreting detailed employment legislation, policies, practices and procedures.
- Experience of producing reports.
- Experience of undertaking specific tasks and HR projects.
- Experience of developing eLearning systems desirable.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent administration skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines whilst working in frequently changing circumstances and conflicting priorities.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Ability to effectively advise and communicate HR matters.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate, persuade and influence people at all levels.
- Ability to train and deliver information to groups of people.
- Ability to consult and negotiate with Trade unions in a local collective bargaining setting.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
HR Business Partner – Human Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.