- Pay Rate:
£11.18 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
Temporary HR Assistant
Reference no: Tyne and Wear 5089814120079
Pay rate £11.18 per hour PAYE
Under the guidance of the HR Advisor undertake the support and delivery of duties within the function which contribute to the provision of an excellent service, whilst ensuring the effective use of resources. To support department managers in the delivery of exceptional services to our community and key stakeholders
- To act as the first point of contact to the HR Department by providing cover for the Helpdesk and a full range of administrative and clerical support, delivering excellence in customer service.
- To carry out all clerical support tasks required by the department e.g. input of accurate data/information, maintenance of electronic and paper based office systems, production of all documentation using MS Office suite, use of the HR Management database and responsible for the day to day maintenance of the Helpdesk activity log undertaking any appropriate action.
- To provide support and cover the workload of the other HR Assistant during their absence and to carry out relevant duties to ensure the services of the function are delivered efficiently
- To undertake word processing duties including the preparation and maintenance of standard letters and a range of documentation.
- To oversee the department filing systems including appropriate storage and disposal of paper based, electronic and confidential documentation appropriately.
- To be responsible for the production and issue of the identity and access cards in use throughout the Service.
- To be responsible for the effective organisation of meetings and events including the preparation of resources e.g. booking venues/refreshments/equipment.
- To provide relevant support in various recruitment and selection activities as required.
- To attend careers events in order to promote the Fire and Rescue Service as an ‘Employer of Choice’.
- To ensure all departmental stationary requirements are maintained
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Demonstrate knowledge of electronic/paper filing systems
- Demonstrate good working knowledge of clerical practices and procedures
- Experience of undertaking clerical duties
- Demonstrate good IT skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrate effective diary management skills
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.