- Pay Rate:
£17.05 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
- Norwich, Norfolk,
Temporary HR Adviser – Human Resources
Reference no: Norfolk 1004667814241823
Pay Rate: £17.05 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
The HR Adviser will provide comprehensive information, professional advice and guidance to managers, employees and other stakeholders. They deliver a high quality, progressive, equitable and inclusive employment experience for all employees.
- Provide professional advice and guidance to support managers in implementing priorities and strategies. Manage employee relationships and expectations within the professional area.
- Support managers to identify and address individual or departmental people management issues that impact on service delivery.
- Work with managers and colleagues to support improvement projects, identifying wider implications and opportunities of change.
- Analyse and interpret data to identify issues and trends which will contribute to service delivery and service improvement.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships, working collaboratively to influence outcomes and challenge appropriately.
- Review existing ways of working seeking to delivery process improvement, use available technology to support efficiencies.
- Monitor, review and update processes and policies to ensure that these reflect organisational strategy, promote best practice and comply with legislative frameworks.
- Keep up to date with technical knowledge and best practice in the professional area.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Level 5 qualification or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of providing high quality advice and guidance.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of operational issues within the professional area.
- Experience of supporting managers by providing a pragmatic and outcome focused service.
- Experience of dealing sensitively and appropriately with confidential information within an HR environment.
- Experience of working with HR databases and systems.
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to lead and develop relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Able to be professional in difficult situations, demonstrate empathy and give messages in a way that limits misunderstanding and promotes acceptance.
- Confident in adapting communication style to suit varied situations and people.
- Able to understand and apply HR policies and processes to different varying situations and know when to escalate.
- Able to analyse data, facts, arguments, legal documents.
- Able to manage competing priorities, propose solutions and deliver to deadlines.
- Proactive and positive approach to taking issues forward.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
HR Adviser – Human Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.