- Pay Rate:
£15.25 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- GREENWICH, London,
Temporary HR Adviser – Human Resources
Reference no: Greenwich RQ820792
Pay rate: £15.25 per hour PAYE
Rate is negotiable for the right candidates – please state pay expectation clearly on your CV
Role length: This opening assignment is for 3 months
Minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role
An HR Adviser is required to provide advice, navigate and help support mangers in accessing and interpreting the Council’s HR policies, processes and procedures. The HR Adviser will be involved in fast paced, challenging and interesting casework including sickness absence, performance management, grievances, and disciplinary matters. The postholder will also provide administrative support on transformational organisational reviews supporting change across the Borough.
- Undertake casework up to and including Employee at Risk level in order to support service managers in resolving issues within reasonable timescales e.g. investigations, disciplinary, performance and absence cases, taking account of employment legislation and organisational precedent.
- Provide guidance/coaching to service managers on managing people issues.
- Ensure all casework is completed in timely manner in line with the targets set by the manager and in accordance with agreed HR standards.
- Work as part of a team, covering for colleagues as appropriate, focused on the delivery of high quality HR advice.
- Likely to work on small/low risk/less complex organisational changes and will contribute to larger organisational change project, supporting a more senior colleague.
- Work with colleagues to assess “people” implications of organisational change e.g. organisation design, job design, structural and cultural aspects of change, recruitment implications, learning & development implications and ER aspects of change and advise managers accordingly.
- Support organisational change by undertaking casework in respect of redeployees including redeployment “matching” activity and identify potential “suitable alternative opportunities”.
- Take personal responsibility for ensuring own knowledge, skills and on-going continuing professional development is kept up to date to reflect changes in employment law and practice.
- Ensure that all decisions taken by managers in respect of employment issues are mindful of all diversity issues and HR practices and procedures.
- Work with colleagues to design, develop and deliver practical coaching and training sessions for managers to improve their ability to manage the people in their teams. Work with managers to proactively reduce the level of absence in their teams through application of council procedures including seeking early intervention with occupational health as appropriate.
- Take clear and accurate minutes of meetings, hearings and other events as requested.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- CIPD qualified/part qualified or a minimum of two year’s relevant experience.
- HR background and significant experience in Employee Relations/Casework, organisational change and experience of working with HR databases.
- Experience of working with management, colleagues and trades unions to achieve consistent and equitable solutions.
- Experience of working with Health & Safety colleagues on health & wellbeing strategies including stress management, and Occupational Health interventions.
- Experience of the management of routine casework including re-organisations and TUPE desirable.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation, its legal implications and HR best practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Employment Tribunal Service and associated services (ACAS) desirable.
- Confident, customer focussed, and able to communicate with a wide and varied audience.
- Have a flexible approach to work and meeting challenging deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Experience of working with computerised information systems.
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Experience of delivering workshops and briefing sessions.
- Good interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills, resilience and the ability to work effectively with people at all levels within an organisation.
- Ability to absorb written and statistical reports to inform decision making.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- Minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
HR Adviser – Human Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.