- Pay Rate:
£18.35 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Interim HR Advice Lead
Reference no: E Riding 5222780
Pay rate £18.35 per hour PAYE
Lead on the delivery of a high quality, efficient and timely HR Advisory service for all employment related matters and compliance with all statutory and legislative requirements. Support the wider People Services team in the delivery of the HR support services to Schools and Academies under SLA arrangements
- Support the Business Services Manager with the provision of the Employment Services advice centre service providing advice and support concerning all employment related matters including terms and conditions of employment, this will include advice relating to statutory payments and relevant legislative requirements.
- Manage the provision of advice relating to statutory payments, relevant legislative requirements, and the processing of all contractual paperwork as a result of appointment processes for all Council employees
- Ensure effective management of processing of all employment contractual documentation and implementation of agreed employment policy and legislation.
- Deliver the advice centre service to managers for advice and guidance with respect to Council policies and procedures (excluding iTrent system enquiries).
- Lead the HR Advice telephone contact centre to ensure delivery of high levels of excellent customer service across the organisation.
- Ensure consistent application across the Council of local and national terms and conditions of services, ER employment policy and procedures and other relevant, policies and practice to ensure consistent implementation across the Council.
- Develop a comprehensive induction and ongoing development training programme for the Advice team with respect to Council policies and procedures to maintain a high-level advisory function to both employees and managers with respect to all employment matters.
- Continuous review of process improvements to enhance efficiency and service delivery.
- Support the delivery of advice and guidance to Schools on the preparation and maintenance of their Single Central Records.
- Support the People Services teams with the provision of a comprehensive, and timely Employment advisory service to support TUPE and Academy transfers
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Professional qualification or relevant experience in a HR related role
- Knowledge of Local Government and teachers’ terms and conditions, the Council’s policies and procedures and pay and financial control processes
- Knowledge of employment legislation impacting on the delivery of service, such as timescales for completion of contractual information, legislation affecting terms and conditions of service
- Knowledge and understanding of PAYE/National Insurance and pay procedures
- Knowledge of pension procedures (Local Government and Teachers Pensions Agency)
- Experience of working in a HR/Pay/Advisory related function
- Management experience to manage a high number of staff including staff development, performance, work allocation and discipline
- Experience of complaint handling and resolution
- Ability to manage competing priorities and demonstrate excellent organisational and time management skills
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
HR Advice Lead
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.