- Pay Rate:
£15.18 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Temporary Housing Support Coordinator
Reference no: Sutton RQ847500
Pay Rate: £15.18 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Enhanced DBS disclosure required for this role
The purpose of the role is to provide a community based floating support service to maintain independent living in line with their needs assessments, to support over 55s with high level housing support needs, across all tenures, to continue to live independently in their own homes for as long as possible, make responsible choices and take appropriate action to retain their accommodation.
- Promote, encourage and support the independence and wellbeing of residents of Sutton and older people living in the community of Sutton.
- Assess the needs and risks for a caseload of older and vulnerable service users. Use Northgate and Outcome Star tool to identify action plans to meet these needs and risks and provide outcome focused support.
- Make regular contacts to support service users sustain their tenancies and live independently.
- Responsible for liaison with Social Services, care providers and other support groups.
- Attend best interest meetings and other forums.
- Maintain a calm and professional manner when dealing with any customer, their relatives or carers or the emergency services and provide reassurance and support as required.
- Ensure that the details of every visit, call and any actions taken, are real time and clearly recorded and accurate records are kept of all calls in line with agreed policies and procedures.
- Liaise with relatives, statutory and voluntary agencies to enable service users to receive the support they need to maintain their independence, and improve services i.e. LB Sutton, NHS, GPs, relatives, volunteers, Housing Providers
- Be aware through regular contact of the needs, health and dependency of the service users and take prompt and effective action with partner agencies as appropriate.
- Provide support to enable service users to maintain their independence and quality of life. To provide them with information and advice on general tenancy issues, rent arrears, welfare benefits and local agencies.
- Carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with SHP Core Values, Standards, Targets, Policies and Procedures.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent relevant qualification and experience.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Good knowledge and experience of working in a support or similar service.
- Able to write clear detailed reports & update records.
- Able to maintain a calm & professional manner, especially in stressful and difficult situations.
- Efficient use of time and works well in a well-structured way.
- Able and willing to follow procedures.
- Communicate calmly, clearly and appropriately, in person and on the telephone, with a wide variety of vulnerable people, some of whom will have disabilities and the emergency services and other staff.
- Able to work without direct supervision and ensure the task is completed correctly before leaving the site.
- Performs effectively by keeping professional and calm, especially in stressful and difficult situations.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Housing Support Coordinator
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.