- Pay Rate:
£13.47 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- Nuneaton, Warwickshire,
Temporary Housing Solutions Officer x 2
Reference no: Nuneaton 5228349
Pay Rate: £13.47 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2 months
The purpose of the role is to deliver an excellent Housing Solutions Service designed around customer requirements, and within the context of the principles set out by the Council for developing a stronger, safer, healthier and sustainable Borough.
- Be a key point of contact for service users and stakeholders, ensuring that all services are to standards agreed with partners and customers.
- Deliver the Council’s statutory obligations under the Housing Act 1996, Part VII, Homelessness Act 2002 and the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
- Determine and administer the requirements of the Homeless Reduction Act 2017, in its Prevention, Relief and Homeless duties.
- Conduct an accurate assessment of customer’s needs, the outcome of which is effectively communicated to them and is laid out in a Personal Housing and Wellbeing plan.
- Encourage customers to take all necessary steps to prevent homelessness occurring where possible.
- Increase housing options and solutions for customers who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
- Liaise with the Landlord Liaison Officer, landlords and agents in setting up tenancy agreements and arranging rent in advance or deposit via the Council’s prevention schemes.
- Work in an enhanced partnership way across the public sector, the voluntary, the community sector and with landlords to offer housing solution’s and the most relevant support for the customer.
- Keep accurate records of all cases using the IT infrastructure and procedures provided.
- Be customer focussed acting as a problem solver when issues cross professional boundaries.
- Deliver training to partnership agencies about the Housing Solutions service.
- Embrace service improvement in your team, contributing to the delivery and review of service standards, quality and performance targets in accordance with the Council’s Service Delivery plans.
- Manage the rent account of those homeless customers placed into temporary accommodation.
- Make placements in to temporary accommodation for those customers who are homeless, evidencing suitability by carrying out a risk assessment.
- Provide assistance to temporary accommodation providers as required.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Grade A-C English/Maths or equivalent.
- Willing to work towards or hold appropriate housing qualification or equivalent at Level 2.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Recent and relevant experience of working in a public sector service or housing related environment.
- Recent and relevant experience of dealing directly with members of the public and understanding customer care issues
- Experience managing the demand for housing solutions.
- Demonstrate experience of contributing to partnership and multi-agency working.
- Experience of casework covering the full range of prevention initiatives including benefit/money advice
- Ability to interpret and apply policies in a sensitive and constructive manner.
- Organisational skills in terms of service planning, prioritising work, time management, effective use of resources and performance evaluation.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of Health & Safety (H&S) issues and how H&S impacts in the workplace and for this role.
- Analytical skills and lateral thinking in terms of problems, options and solutions to service delivery issues.
- Significant working knowledge of the Homelessness Legislation particularly the 2002 Homelessness Act.
- Knowledge of the Homeless Reduction Act 2017 statutory duties in terms of Prevention, Relief and Homeless.
- Knowledge of broader current issues in meeting housing needs.
- Must be able to interact with Members and other organisations in an assertive but tactful way and be articulate in expressing ideas, generate collective resolutions to problems.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Housing Solutions Officer x 2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.