- Pay Rate:
£18.00 per hour PAYE (negotiable depending on experience)
- Hours per Week:
36.25 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- BASILDON, Essex,
Full Job Title: Temporary Housing Solutions Officer – Housing Support
Job Reference: Basildon RQ779756
Pay Rate: £18.00 per hour PAYE (negotiable depending on experience)
The Housing Solutions Team is part of the Housing Choice Department (the strategic housing service) and sits within the Housing Solutions Service. Its primary function is to prevent homelessness by helping customers retain their current accommodation and, where this cannot be achieved, provide access to a range of suitable alternative housing options fulfilling the Council’s statutory obligations as set out in the Housing Act 1996 (as amended) and the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
You will be responsible for assessing customers’ housing needs and wishes in line with the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017, producing and agreeing a personalised housing plan which you will keep under regular review until a long-term, sustainable housing solution is secured.
You will work holistically with customers on both their short term housing needs as well as their longer term aspirations. You will manage a caseload, drawing in support and assistance from other statutory and voluntary organisations as appropriate to help customers achieve their housing goals and increase their life opportunities moving forward.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar housing support role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Must have detailed knowledge of the new Homelessness Reduction Act
- Experience in making Part VII Homelessness decisions essential
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Housing Solutions Officer – Housing Support
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.