- Pay Rate:
£14.67 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Temporary Housing Solutions Officer - Homelessness Services
Reference no: Manchester 0007 6CE1 / 1
Pay Rate: £14.67 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Enhanced DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
The role holder will provide a responsive service that could range from the provision of advice, guidance and support, to the provision of emergency accommodation for people at immediate risk, such as those in danger of rough sleeping or at risk of domestic abuse.
The work is challenging and the role holder will take a strengths-based approach when assessing individual needs and working with applicants to support and advise them to assist in resolving their housing needs.
- Establish and maintain relationships with service users to challenge their existing patterns of behaviour. Work proactively with appropriate stakeholders to assess the individual’s needs and ensure positive outcomes.
- Provide support and advice to service users which provide the opportunity to engage with appropriate local and national organised and community based services.
- Monitor, evaluate and review assessments as required determining suitable adjustments to ensure that service users are able to achieve their agreed goals.
- Work with colleagues and stakeholders to produce plans that use service users individual needs to identify and reduce their vulnerability to risk situations.
- Promote the service strategies across the organisation and to other statutory and voluntary agencies.
- Closely work with partner agencies and stakeholders by contributing and participating in new initiatives to support independence and opportunities for vulnerable residents of Manchester.
- Ensure all records, processes and systems are up to date and maintained to assist with data collection and performance management.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively taking account of individual need including consideration of accessibility issues.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the views of others and communicates in a realistic and practical manner using appropriate language and medium, listens attentively to views and issues of others and responds to issues arising.
- Able to make effective decisions on a day-to-day basis, taking ownership of decisions, demonstrating sound judgement in escalating issues where necessary. Be logical in thinking and explain reasoning behind decisions or actions taken.
- Ability to absorb, understand and quickly assimilate moderately complex information and concepts and compare information from a number of different sources.
- Demonstrate the ability to organise multiple task in the most effective way, and allocate time and energy according to task complexity and priority
- An excellent working knowledge, significant understanding and ability to interpret homelessness associated legislation and the provision of housing advice
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Housing Solutions Officer - Homelessness Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.