- Pay Rate:
£19.30 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ISLINGTON, London,
Temporary Housing Services Officer – Customer Services
Reference no: Islington RQ799521
Pay rate: £19.30 per hour PAYE
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client
To provide a customer service function to people presenting to the Customer Centre with a housing need and or tenancy management enquiries. Interacting with members of the public, providing initial advice and assistance to ensure their queries are dealt with as swiftly and efficiently as possible. A strong track record in working with customers, residents and or tenants in a front-line customer services environment is required for this role.
- Ensure a prompt, courteous and helpful response when dealing with queries from tenants/residents, members of the public or their representatives, including elected Members, outside agencies and partner organisations.
- Be readily identifiable as a Housing Tenant Triage Officer and comply with the dress code and/or uniform provided.
- Interview, make an initial assessment and log tenants/residents, customer’s enquiries on the Council’s internal housing system (HTS Triage Form), scanning and indexing related documents and completing detailed notes and reports on case files.
- Sign post and refer tenants/residents to relevant internal teams and to other agencies as necessary for advice on Tenancy matters, welfare rights, social services, immigration and other issues using referral procedures.
- Participate in appropriate training needs to gain a satisfactory level of knowledge appropriate for advising clients.
- Constructively take part in meetings, supervision, seminars and other events designed to improve communication and assist with own development.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent housing experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Experience of working in Housing Management, specifically tenancy management.
- Knowledge of Housing Legislation.
- Experience of delivering an outcome focused service.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to maximise income.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Housing Services Officer – Customer Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.