- Pay Rate:
£28.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
- Honiton, Devon,
Interim Housing Repairs Customer Service Manager
Job Ref: E Devon 5245022
Pay Rate: £28.00 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
City: Honiton, Devon
Basic DBS disclosure required for this role
The purpose of the role is to manage the day-to-day operational functions of the busy Housing Repairs call centre service, working closely with the housing repairs team to effectively and efficiently answer calls within agreed response times, accurately entering repairs onto the One Housing System and liaising with Void & Responsive Repairs colleagues and contract management colleagues and contractors to ensure repairs are logged and actioned in accordance with agreed standards and timeframes.
To work as part of the Housing management team to support the work and objectives of the housing service, building strong professional relationships to deliver an excellent tenant experience. Ensure efficient processes and delivery of administrative processes, systems, business data, including contractor and tenant information. Look for continuous service improvements with a solution focused approach.
- Provide day to day management of the Housing Repairs Advisors to ensure high performance of the team through effective management and achieving agreed targets.
- Ensure an excellent customer service is delivered for customers of the Housing service and look for way to involve tenants through implementing the Resident Involvement Strategy and related initiatives to gather feedback and evaluate the service, with a view to continuous service improvement.
- Carefully plan the work of the housing repairs team to ensure sufficient cover is provided across call centre opening times. Ensure that leave is planned well in advance and that absences are effectively managed to ensure that disruption to effective delivery of the service is minimised.
- Provide accurate management information on service performance including KPIs and compliance data to management as required.
- Work closely with the Voids & Responsive Repairs Service Manager to ensure an effective service is maintained across the Housing Repairs and Voids & Responsive Repairs service, ensure good relations are maintained with colleagues at all times.
- Provide accurate and timely financial and performance management information for consideration by directors, service managers, contractors and partners.
- Assist in developing a suite of relevant policies and processes which enable efficiencies, and using a system thinking approach to minimise duplication and aim to streamline services to achieve improved performance.
- Constantly appraise regulatory, innovation and good practice developments across the sector to enhance service provision.
- Undertake high quality research into best practise, including benchmarking, in terms of quality and cost ensuring value for money is obtained.
- Support the delivery of an efficient complaints management service to achieve effective responses within agreed timescales and policy.
- Ensure that processes are in place to manage invoices and that these are processed and paid within agreed timescales. Manage other administrative functions effectively and ensure that tasks are allocated and delivered appropriately.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Good all-round education to GCSE level including Maths and English (or equivalent or proven relevant training/experience).
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Previous experience of managing busy teams to achieve good performance and deliver an effective customer service experience.
- Evidence of practical experience in a front facing customer service role.
- Experience of call centre environment and telephony.
- Previous call centre experience and/or working in a high-performance call centre environment.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Accuracy and attention to detail, particularly when working with multiple priorities.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including verbal and listening.
- Excellent communication skills, at all levels.
- Ability to interpret complex information and produce effective reports to enable efficient delivery of our repairs contract.
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving angry or aggressive customers with tact and diplomacy.
- Knowledge of Housing services and/ or experience of working in the social housing sector.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Housing Repairs Customer Service Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.