- Pay Rate:
£13.46 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month
- ILFORD, Essex,
Temporary Housing Registration Admin Assistant – Housing Needs
Reference no: Redbridge RQ830951
Pay rate: £13.46 per hour PAYE
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 1 month
Basic DBS required for this role
This role is to support the letting and assessment functions in the Supply Team, providing an effective system and administrative service for Housing register assessments under part VI of the Housing Act 1996, allocating accommodation under part VI of the Housing Act 1996 essentially to council and registered provider homes and allocating temporary accommodation and private rented accommodation to prevent homelessness and discharge the homeless duty (PRSO’s). To also make placements into temporary accommodation.
- Work with the Housing Supply Team Leader and Senior Housing Supply Officer to effective systems, process and information provision and preparation relating to the functions of the team.
- Support the letting and assessment functions and make placements into temporary accommodation.
- Deal with customer requests for information and prepare paperwork for the Senior Officer to enable responses, for example to subject access requests.
- Provide a telephone cover service within the team ensuring a professional response to customer enquiries.
- Allocate new assessments, scan relevant documents, and upload paperwork.
- Receive and log registered provider (RP) and council void properties that are available for allocating on the choice based lettings system.
- Send out standard officer offer letters to shortlisted applicants and nomination letters to RP's and the Council's Housing Management Service.
- Reallocate properties that have been refused for reallocation.
- Maintain customers electronic files providing a thorough audit trail of activity and key documents in line with agreed process.
- Provide statistical information as requested, particularly related to voids.
- Operate the process for providing storage and removals support for homeless households, where there is a statutory duty to protect their belongings.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSEs grades A*C; NVQ level 2; BTEC First; and equivalent qualifications, or evidence of demonstrable application in experience.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of part VI pf the 1996 Housing Act, Local Authority Housing Allocations policies.
- Experience of providing an excellent level of customer service.
- Experience of working in a demanding front line customer service environment.
- Experience of communicating with a wide range of people in writing and by telephone.
- Understanding of customer care and a commitment to delivering responsive services that meet customer’s needs.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks with some guidance.
- Able to work with a range of customers and help to solve problems.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
- Ability to plan and prioritise.
- Meticulous, organised and thorough.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Housing Registration Admin Assistant – Housing Needs
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.