- Pay Rate:
£19.30 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- GREENWICH, LONDON,
Temporary Housing Procurement Officer
Reference no: Greenwich RQ809946
Pay rate £19.30 per hour PAYE
Assisting with the delivery of the Council Home Improvement Service, so as efficiently deliver advice, casework and the administration of private sector housing procurement. Undertake activities to proactively identify empty properties and bring them back into use. Managing an individual caseload as allocated by the Senior Procurement Officer. Building relationships with private sector landlords, agents and other housing providers in order to procure and develop housing options for households in housing need
- To undertake casework in relation to service users of the Disability & Home Improvement Team. Casework may be carried out via a range of means of communication including home visits.
- To ensure that private sector properties offered to service users are suitable for their needs, enabling the Royal Borough to discharge its duties under homelessness legislation.
- To manage and prioritise an allocated private sector housing procurement caseload, identifying and reducing/managing risks, exploring the most effective method of progressing cases and co-ordinating with other stakeholders, as appropriate. Such casework may include, but need not be limited to; maintaining records of the condition of inspected properties and re-inspecting as required; recording deposit guarantee payments; advising relevant teams regarding tenancies ending; working to bring empty properties back into occupation and negotiating with landlords on their future use; processing applications; preparing associated documentation and generally ensuring that effective client support is maintained.
- To allocate and check work of the administrative staff who support their function
- To produce statistical information and run reports to allow the effective management of budgets, performance indicators and other outputs.
- To provide information to the Senior Housing Procurement Officer on available accommodation and feasibility of acquiring accommodation for specific households.
- To proactively locate and identify empty properties and undertake activities to bring them back into use. Providing owners of empty properties, the public and others with information and advice on the means to bring empty properties back into use, including advice on legislative requirements; planning, building control, environmental health and housing, and eligibility for funding for repairs and/or improvements. To manage cases through the empty property policy, including; enforced sale, compulsory purchase order and Empty Dwelling Management Orders. To liaise with Environmental Health and Building Control as necessary.
- To review and monitor action taken to return empty properties to residential use and report progress on the empty property strategy on a regular basis to officers, members and other interested council departments.
- Assist the Senior Procurement Officer in the day-to-day management of service budgets, ensuring that orders and payments are properly authorised, accurately recorded and monitored, and that resources are effectively managed within budget limits. To assist with the development of actions to limit, maintain or increase commitment, expenditure or income as appropriate. To be responsible for meeting service performance targets.
- To assess the amount of deposit bond that the client is entitled to claim, ensuring that office procedures and specified regulations are followed
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- ***Qualification details and all other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) - please give full details within your CV document.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Housing Procurement Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.