- Pay Rate:
£14.91 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday to Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- BOLTON, Lancashire,
Temporary Housing Options Front Door Navigator / Admin
Reference no: Bolton 0008 2621 / 1
Pay rate: £14.91 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday to Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: BOLTON, Lancashire
Office based role
The purpose of this role is to support the Housing Options and Advice Service and provide for all aspects of advice and information on homelessness and housing advice and housing access. The Front Door Navigator will be required to have extensive working knowledge of relevant legislation including homelessness and lettings especially. There will be an element of administrative work attached to the post.
- Provide for all aspects of advice and information on homelessness and housing advice and housing access.
- Provide assistance to vulnerable customers to access and engage in services, offering advice and support on all options and work closely with other agencies externally and internally to provide options, prevent and relieve homelessness and to provide for the needs of households.
- Assist client to utilise online and telephony services where possible.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate content and supply of customer information, including online and in the form of leaflets.
- Administrative work as required.
- Occasional requirement to manage situations after 5pm as appropriate and required.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Experience & Knowledge:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Extensive working knowledge of relevant legislation including homelessness and lettings especially.
Skills & Abilities:
- Exemplary communication skills and be confident in delivering difficult messages as well as managing expectations of clients that attend the office, some of which have complex, chaotic and often challenging behaviours.
- Well skilled in managing challenging behaviour in particular in support of other One Stop Shop colleagues and security to ensure appropriate management of customer egress from the building.
- Timely and accurate database entry skills.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- Flexible to work outside of normal working hours on occasions.
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Housing Options Front Door Navigator / Admin
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.