- Pay Rate:
£16.26 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday to Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- STOKE ON TRENT, Staffordshire,
Temporary Housing Officer x2 - Housing Management Services
Reference no: Stoke on Trent 5240097
Pay rate: £16.26 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday to Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
City: STOKE ON TRENT, Staffordshire
The purpose of this role is to provide efficient, effective and responsive housing management services within a designated work area, ensuring that services are provided in accordance with agreed policies and priorities of the council.
- Provide housing management services with a designated work area including: Tenancy management; management of Anti-social behaviour; estate management; identification of tenancy support, advice and referral to appropriate agencies; tenant consultation and participation; recovery of rent arrears and maximisation of rental and other income for all council services.
- Manage cases, maintain a direct involvement, identify the factors and develop appropriate actions in line with the priorities and practices of the council. Keep abreast of all relevant legislation.
- Contribute to the overall performance of the Directorate through personal performance, co-operation with other groups and in support of initiatives as approved by the Strategic Manager – Housing Management.
- Establish and maintain good lines of communication within the housing team, the council and with outside agencies concerning matters relating to the area and services managed.
- Attend meetings and undertake relevant actions and visits out of office hours as required.
- Be effective and efficient in the provision of comprehensive landlord functions giving general advice and assistance to council tenants, leaseholders and all residents.
- Receive and respond to ASB and tenancy and estate management issues and develop appropriate solutions in line with the policies, priorities and practices of the council. Assist in identifying tenancy support needs and make relevant referrals to appropriate agencies.
- Carry out routine tenancy visits as required including leaseholders and residents as part of a locality management approach. Be responsible for the recovery of rent arrears (both current and where applicable, former) and maximisation of rental and other income for all council services, by taking the necessary appropriate action to minimise rent arrears and maximise income by the recovery of court costs, recharges etc.
- Undertake regular estate visits to monitor the condition, upkeep and maintenance of all properties, communal areas and open spaces and to refer any concerns to the responsible person, section or Directorate. Provide specialist housing support services to vulnerable and elderly tenants including advising and arranging assessments for the provision of aids and adaptations, referrals to the relevant Teams.
- Prepare Legal Notices, documents, schedules, witness statements, reports or other correspondence relating to all Enforcement action. Prepare and submit cases in courts and tenancy review hearings including giving personal evidence and testimony as and when required and to present and conduct proceedings on behalf of the Council.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- A level 4 professional, academic or management qualification and evidence of continuous professional development.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Effective communication experience.
- Experience in delivering a quality customer service.
- Experience of visiting, interviewing and advising customers.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Housing Management.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to prioritise own workload.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to deal with confrontational situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Good standard of written English and experience of report writing.
- Ability to make rational judgements and sound decisions based on Council policy, procedure and work situations.
- Ability to deal with stressful and emotional situations.
- Flexible approach to work and a team worker.
- Self motivated and able to work on own initiative with a high degree of integrity.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Housing Officer x2 - Housing Management Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.