- Pay Rate:
£12.70 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 16:00
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- PECKHAM, London,
Temporary Housing Officer – Sheltered Housing
Reference no: Southwark 5218267
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
Candidates will be working at a remote sheltered housing officer site in the borough. They must be able to work closely with residents, in a front facing customer service role to carry out an enhanced housing management service to residents in the block.
Important duties concern carrying out health and safety checks of the building, reporting repairs, making referrals, supporting residents with housing related issues and also carrying out risk assessments on vulnerable residents.
The job also has administrative duties involved. The person must be able to be accountable to a senior manager who runs the team and must have a can do attitude and be a team player as they will be required to cover other sites.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of the ageing process, the associated risks and challenges that this presents and of how they can be alleviated through the services provided to older people by statutory and voluntary agencies.
- Knowledge of telecare/assistive technology and of how it can be used effectively to enhance the support provided to older people living in a sheltered housing environment.
- Experience of working with older people in the community or a sheltered housing environment and of implementing relevant Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Experience of monitoring older people to ensure that appropriate safeguarding standards are robustly maintained.
- Experience of Housing Management duties including repairs, rent income and enforcing tenancy conditions along with working in a front line service.
- Experience of working in a performance management environment; meeting personal and team performance targets
- Ability to build effective professional relationships with tenants, colleagues and a range of statutory and voluntary agencies.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and communicate clearly and professionally, verbally and in writing with a diverse range of people/services.
- Ability to collate accurate statistics, write clear simple reports, use IT systems and maintain effective written records
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Housing Officer – Sheltered Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.