- Pay Rate:
Up to £16.94 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36.25 Monday – Friday, 8.45am to 5pm
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Coalville, Leicestershire,
Temporary Housing Officer - Housing Benefits & Planning
Reference no: NW Leicestershire TCL 5244798
Pay Rate: Up to £16.94 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 36.25 Monday – Friday, 8.45am to 5pm
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
City: Coalville, Leicestershire
The purpose of this role is to manage a neighbourhood to maximise income and take appropriate action to create inclusive communities.
- Ensure by investigation, negotiation, and enforcement that tenants comply with their conditions of tenancy, particularly with regard to nuisance and anti-social behaviour.
- Daily contact with tenants and their representatives concerning any aspect of Housing Management and conditions of tenancy.
- To collect witness statements and evidence for cases referred to court, attending court as required.
- Complete home inspections for tenants requesting transfer, mutual exchange and home visits.
- Monitor current rent arrears and take appropriate action in order to prevent debt to the Council.
- Complete estate inspections, including monitoring of the cleaning contract.
- Undertake quarterly reviews for Introductory Tenancies and make recommendations for converting to secure or extensions.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Full UK driving licence is required for this role.
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- ASB case management experience is essential for this role.
- Experience of working in Housing Management, specifically tenancy management.
- Knowledge of Housing Legislation.
- Experience of delivering an outcome focused service.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to maximise income
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Effective Negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g., G Suite)
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Housing Officer - Housing Benefits & Planning
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.