- Pay Rate:
Up to £17.96 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36.25 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- Coalville, Leicestershire,
Temporary Housing Choices Case Officer – Homelessness Prevention
Reference no: NW Leicestershire TCL 5244413
Pay Rate: Up to £17.96 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 36.25 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 2 months
City: Coalville, Leicestershire
The purpose of the role is to prevent homelessness by giving comprehensive advice and assistance, covering the full range of housing options offered by the Council and other agencies to enable customers to find solutions to their housing issues.
To provide first line support to those seeking advice, undertaking initial assessments to identify customer needs and ensuring that customers can access the necessary support to address their housing needs. Where necessary undertake homelessness investigations, issue decisions and discharge the Council’s homelessness prevention duty in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Prevent homelessness where possible by acting as a first point of contact for customers approaching the Housing Choices Team. Ensure the housing register is an effective mechanism to meet housing needs.
- Interview/visit clients who are potentially homeless to assess their housing situation prior to any application being made under Part VII of the Housing Act 1996 (as amended by the Housing Act 2002).
- Offer advice and assistance to prevent such clients becoming homeless, by taking a proactive approach to preventing homelessness.
- When necessary, managing homeless prevention cases to ensure they comply with the requirements of the Homeless Reduction Act.
- Undertake case management where required for other housing advice cases where ongoing advice or support are necessary.
- Carry out referrals to other agencies to facilitate support needed, liaising with landlords, courts to resolve housing need.
- Triage customers to identify urgency of their case and refer into the most appropriate service.
- Provide first line advice and assistance to customers approaching the housing choices team.
- Undertake assessments for food and fuel vouchers.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Full UK driving licence.
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Must have recent experience of homelessness case work.
- Previous experience of working in housing advice/options.
- Previous experience of supporting or advising vulnerable customers regarding housing and/or housing support issues
- Knowledge of Housing Legislation, particularly relating to homelessness prevention.
- Able to understand and empathise with customers’ needs.
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written) with ability to adapt communication style depending on customer.
- Able to deliver excellent customer service including in sometimes.
- Experience of delivering an outcome focused service.
- Able to demonstrate good negotiation and influencing skills.
- Able to use a range of ICT software packages including Microsoft Office Suite and bespoke Housing systems.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Housing Choices Case Officer – Homelessness Prevention
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.