- Pay Rate:
£12.02 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Temporary Housing Advisor
Reference no: Darlington 6346514233559
Pay rate £12.02 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Standard DBS disclosure required
To offer support to the Housing Management Team
- Prepare adverts for properties that are available to rent, sign up of new introductory/ secure and garage tenancies.
- Deal with and process low level repair requests, raising orders, arranging appointments directly with tenants.
- To provide housing related advice and assistance, general administration and answer enquiries for Housing Services ensuring a high standard of customer care is delivered to members of the public, customers, internal department’s and outside agencies.
- Ensure that gas servicing appointments are made so that all properties are complying, by arranging appointments by telephone, issuing reminder letter’s and carrying out home visits as and when required.
- Carry out monthly estate inspections to ensure that area’s around our tenant’s homes are clean and tidy and well maintained.
- Complete the appropriate action’s required following fire risk assessment survey’s by carrying out visits to communal blocks of apartments, ensuring that advisory information is followed by issuing letters and carrying out additional visits.
- Respond to low level anti-social behaviour cases, giving advice and guidance, making referral’s to mediation. Telephone, issuing letters and carrying out home visits in accordance with the policy.
- To liaise with internal and external partners such as Social Services, StreetScene & the Police.
- Manage team and Officers appointment schedules - Update computer and manual records.
- Undertake administration duties relevant to the service as required
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Understanding of data protection principles and confidentiality
- Approximately 2 years’ experience of administration/clerical duties
- Experience of working within policies and procedures with the use of initiative to respond to situations
- Ability to effectively listen and communicate verbally to a range of audiences, including ability to explain complex issues clearly
- Ability to deal with difficult customers in stressful situations, whilst remaining professional and calm
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.