- Pay Rate:
Up to £465.34 per day PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- Tower Hamlets, London,
Interim Hosting & Data Centre SME – ICT Services
Reference no: MPX TCLX 0007 BD91 / 1
Pay Rate: Up to £465.34 per day PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
City: City: Tower Hamlets, London
CTC vetting required for this role.
Candidates with current CTC clearances will go through their vetting processes, currently this is taking up to 6 months. If you are already in a contract that potentially is not ending for a few months and this role is of interest, do let us know, we would be happy to discuss further.
The role will serve as the technical point of contact for all Azure ad On-prem related matters collaborating closely with the Interim Deputy Heads of both Hosting and Data Centres.
The purpose of the role is to ensure the best balance of quality, risk and value for money by providing oversight, challenge, steering, guidance to the suppliers, as well as providing services-focused input into the change projects.
- This role also contributes to the overall development of the Services vision, strategy and plans for Hosting and Datacentres.
- Exploit existing service and technology investments to maximise return on investment and deliver rationalised and consistent joined up technology solutions to deliver core infrastructure services. Identify technology risks (including cyber security within their accountability and ensure effective mitigating controls are established with support of the security architecture and information assurance functions.
- Provide assurance for the quality of deliverables produced by the other internal and external functions for all relevant services.
- Provide assurance for the commercial aspects of the delivery of contracted services.
- Develop and maintain (guided by the MPS Technology Architecture function), the relevant technology roadmaps that align to business strategy, the technology blueprint and vendor roadmaps, promoting appropriate change/enhancements into the IT programme of work.
- Participate in defining and capturing the future service requirements needed to re-procure new services.
- Design and implement new “service wraps” for future service requirements.
- Ensure the consistent implementation and adoption of infrastructure technologies and the adherence to architectural principles, policies and processes.
- Influence strategic technology decisions through feedback and collaborative working with all relevant Architects (Process, Data, Technology, Application, Security, Platform, Infrastructure, Networks and Solutions).
- Contribute to the on-going development of the Technology Blueprint Plan, in alignment with the business direction, to ensure consolidated, rationalised and simplified technology architectures.
- Keep abreast of future technologies and provide advice on the exploitation of existing, emerging and new technologies to meet new business objectives.
- Support investigations into critical failures/performance issues across the relevant infrastructure technologies, including the use of technology partners, and develop appropriate mitigation to reduce risk of future failures to an acceptable level.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via email@example.com by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- ITIL v3 qualified.
- Relevant industry certifications on Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS Certified Solution Architect or MS MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of ICT service management
- Strong expertise in cloud SME and Strategic cloud and hosting more away from Server environment / IAC ( infra as code).
- 2- 3 years with IAC code and Terraform knowledge and expertise.
- Knowledge and experience of MI, problem, incident, change, risk, security, supplier management processes.
- Strong knowledge and experience across a broad range of DC infrastructure and technology across Hardware/Software/Networking platforms: Virtualisation VMWare v8.0/ESX/ESXi, Dell Storage Manager – Powerstore/VNX/EMC, Backup, Disaster Recovery, cloud operating and On-Prem Data Centre architectures including operating models. Terraform, GITHUB, PostgreSQL, Ansible-Jenkins.
- Management of suppliers in a complex outsourced environment.
- Previous working knowledge of the following devices would be beneficial: 3PAR7200, VNX5600, UNITY600, ISILONX200, ECS2800, VERITAS 5340, ISILON H500, VERITAS 3340/5230, UNITY 880F.
- Experienced in running meetings and driving through actions.
- Ability to steer and develop operational reporting, and to use this to drive supplier activity.
- Leadership, planning and organising in a very busy environment.
- Previous experience of working within a complex outsourced environment based on a Service Management / Towers model.
- Previous experience managing multiple suppliers and the various services they provide.
- Experience of working in a high-pressured environment and dealing with senior stakeholders.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including teamwork, collaboration, facilitation, negotiation, and achieving results by influencing others.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to analyse a range of information sources, resolve potentially conflicting information and reach meaningful conclusions.
- Excellent stakeholder and supplier management.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good planning, coordination and monitoring skills, e.g. for management of issues or project initiatives.
- Strong mediation and negotiation skills for managing competing stakeholders.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Hosting & Data Centre SME – ICT Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.