- Pay Rate:
£11.62 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, 17:00 - 09:15
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Temporary Hostel Night & Weekend Staff x3
Reference no: Portsmouth 5242752
Pay Rate: £11.62 per hour PAYE
37 Monday – Friday, 17:00 - 09:15
This opening assignment is 2-3 months
Basic DBS disclosure required
Candidate to work varied hours on a rota patter within the hostels during Monday to Sunday - covering hours from 1700-0915. The hours can suit the right individual who is looking for part time work or ad hoc hours.
No set hours. Looking for bank staff to be able to undertake shifts at short notice or to cover for long term sickness / leave. There may be the opportunity in the future to have regular days / hours.
All night staff need to be able to cover any of the following hours:
Monday to Friday 4.45pm to 9.15am and all weekend. (Monday – Friday hours are split cover from 4.45pm – 01.15am or 00.45am – 09.15am, weekend hours are 09.00– 20.15).
The candidate will need to be able to get to & from work by motorised vehicle or bike given the hours available.
Someone to join the night & weekend team who can ensure the security of the hostels by controlling access into the buildings and monitoring CCTV and managing risks to the residents.
You should have previous experience of working alone. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential as you will need to be confident working on your own with residents. You should have an understanding of homelessness issues and ideally of working with people with complex needs
- Safeguard the security of the Council owned hostels by controlling access into the buildings and monitoring and managing risks to residents
- Monitor and report/record entries of residents & visitors, health and safety issues, risks, repairs and any breaches of security. The use of a computer & Outlook Office will be required.
- Conduct a remote security check using CCTV & audio systems to ensure that the person seeking entry is a resident, or authorised visitor of the hostel.
- Permit entry to all authorised resident(s) and authorised visitor(s).
- Decline entry to all unauthorized resident(s) and visitor(s)
- Identify any necessary repairs to the premises, and any Council owned furnishings, fittings and white goods and ensure they are reported.
- Respond to fire evacuations
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Had an eye test in the past 12 months.
- Has knowledge of homelessness issues
- Has experience of controlling access to a building
- Has experience of working in a hostel
- Has experience of dealing with people with complex needs in difficult situations
- Has experience of lone working and ability to work on own initiative without close supervision
Skills & Abilities:
- Has a good level of IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Has good interpersonal and team working skills and has experience of working in a front line service
- Is proactive & highly motivated with the ability to work quickly, accurately and consistently when under pressure
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Hostel Night & Weekend Staff x3
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.