- Pay Rate:
£11.63 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
32 Tuesday – Friday, 07:45 - 16:15
This opening assignment is for 1 month
- ATHERSTONE, Warwickshire,
Temporary Horticulture Operative x2 - Streetscape
Reference no: N Warwickshire 5243871
Pay rate: £11.63 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 32 Tuesday – Friday, 07:45 - 16:15
This opening assignment is for 1 month
City: ATHERSTONE, Warwickshire
Full UK driving licence required
The purpose of this role is to work as a Grounds Maintenance operative with the ability to work on a wide range of grounds maintenance tasks, which includes grass cutting, shrub bed maintenance, playground inspections, marking out sports pitches and some low level tree work. Full UK driving licence required as will be driving a transit van with trailer attached. Working hours for this role are: Oct-March (32hours per week) Tuesday - Friday 7.45am - 16.15. April-Sept (42hours per week) Mon - Thursday 7am - 16.15pm and Friday 7am - 14.30.
- Carry out a physically demanding role in all weathers.
- Undertake various grounds maintenance tasks working with minimum supervision. These tasks may include grass cutting, shrub bed maintenance, playground inspections, marking out sports pitches and some low level tree work.
- Hold a full valid driving licence and be able to maintain and operate a ride on mower.
- Drive a transit van with trailer attached.
- Use a range of mechanical and hand tools.
- On occasions give instructions to other operatives.
- Undertake such other appropriate duties as may be allocated to the post holder.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Evidence of practical experience in grounds maintenance and/or NVQ Level 2 in horticulture.
- Literacy and numeracy to a minimum standard of GCSE Level 1(Grade D to G) or equivalent.
- Full valid UK driving licence.
- Experience of delivering services to householders / members of the public.
- Experience of successful team working.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Knowledge of the requirements of Health and Safety in respect of horticultural duties.
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to understand verbal and written instructions and complete work documents.
- Good organisational skills, i.e. with methodical approach to workload and the ability to map read.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Able to use a ride on mower and a range of power tools i.e. strimmer/hedge trimmer.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Able to carry out a physically demanding role in all weathers.
- Ability to demonstrate literacy and numeracy i.e. complete worksheets.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous and project a positive image for the Council
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Full UK Driving licence
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Horticulture Operative x2 - Streetscape
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.