- Pay Rate:
c.£17.89 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Highway Maintenance Engineer
Reference no: Wirral RQ743428
Pay rate c.£17.89 per hour PAYE
Working with the Highways Asset Manager providing and delivering Capital maintenance programmes using highway condition data together with internal data, to develop programmes of work funded by City Region Sustainable Transport Settlement
- Assist with the management of highway’s condition surveys in accordance with Department for Transport (DfT) requirements to obtain an accurate and true representation of the condition of the highway network.
- Assist with the Consultation with Councillors to inform programmes of work.
- Obtain and interpret internal data from Highway Inspectors (Symology) regarding the condition of network to inform programmes of works.
- Using detailed highway network condition data (Gaist) to develop and assemble structural maintenance programmes to maintain and improve the highway network.
- Using the term service contracts to assist the Highway Asset Manager to deliver the required services for the maintenance and improvement of the Council’s highway network.
- Support the Highway Asset Manager to manage assigned budgets in delivery of maintenance programmes.
- Responsible for keeping customers, members and other stakeholders updated on their requests or any other communication regarding the management of the highway schemes.
- Assist with the co-ordination of all highway’s works liaising with the network management team and other council services as required with regards to permits.
- Correspondence and administration associated with the post
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- HNC (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering, Traffic and Transportation or related disciplines which would demonstrate an aptitude and knowledge in civil/structural/construction engineering
- Knowledge and understanding of all relevant legislation regulations and guidance in respect of the Highway Infrastructure Management
- Understanding the actions required of the Local Authority to achieve statutory duties relating to the improvement, development and maintenance of highways, health and safety including CDM, and the New Roads and Street Works Act
- Experience in working effectively in a team and independently
- Experience in interpreting highway condition data
- Good communication skills, including the ability to contribute effectively to meetings, produce bills of quantities and interpret data
- Ability to work to deadlines
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Highway Maintenance Engineer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.