- Pay Rate:
Up to £11.58 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36.66 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Temporary Higher Business Support Officer/Admin - Children’s Social Care
Reference no: Oldham 0006 355A /1
Pay Rate: Up to £11.58 per hour PAYE depending on experience
This opening assignment is for 2 months
To provide effective and comprehensive higher level business support by working as part of a team and through the provision of more service-specific administration duties.
- Send out invitations, prepare for and minute social care meetings.
- Distribute key documents to professionals and families.
- Provide administrative support, working to competing and changing priorities and demands.
- Provide an excellent level of customer service when responding to incoming telephone calls, covering reception, and working as part of a team.
- Use computer packages and internal systems and communicate with a variety of audiences.
- Securely manage confidential and sensitive information.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of using computer packages for word-processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Experience of undertaking administration/clerical tasks.
- Experience of following financial procedures and monitoring budgets.
- Experience of completing tasks to deadlines, re-prioritising own work if necessary.
- Experience of following instructions, procedures and policies.
- Experience of team-working to work effectively with others and meet deadlines and goals.
- Customer service skills to deliver polite, courteous and efficient service to customers, colleagues, partners and service users.
- Use analytical skills and be resourceful to solve varied problems.
- Use initiative to respond to unexpected problems using recognised procedures and policies as a guide.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Higher Business Support Officer/Admin
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.