- Pay Rate:
£21.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, night and day shift work
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Interim HGV Mechanic x2
Job Ref: 1004422913451735
Must possess a full Driving Licence with Category C entitlement
The post holder will be expected to provide a high quality, comprehensive and efficient maintenance, inspection, repair and test service for both the Council’s internal fleet and external customers, which includes a diverse range of HGVs, light vehicles and road going plant
To maintain, inspect, repair and test both Council and external customers’ vehicles, plant and equipment.
- Prepare, present and accompany HGV vehicles for annual MOT inspections.
- To carry out periodic safety inspections on all HGV vehicles to DVSA inspection manual standards.
- To carry out fault diagnosis on complex hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems.
- To carry out welding, fabrication and body repairs as required.
- To attend broken down or accident damaged vehicles and effect permanent or running repairs.
- To prepare and decommission vehicles – fitting and removing a diverse range of ancillary equipment, accessories and livery.
- To ensure that all associated records are updated promptly, accurately and effectively using the fleet management software system.
- To ensure that all Health and Safety policies, practices and procedures in respect of the workshop environment are adhered to and ensure that all work areas are kept in a safe and clean condition.
- To attend training courses linked to PDR reviews and service needs
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- City & Guilds Level 3 qualification in Heavy Motor Vehicle Engineering, or equivalent
- Knowledge of workshop health and safety policies, practices and procedures
- Experience of working with all aspects of HGV and light commercial maintenance and repair
- A good standard of written and oral communication skills
- Ability to ensure that all associated records are updated promptly, accurately and effectively using the fleet management software system
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim HGV Mechanic x 2-Fleet Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.