- Pay Rate:
Up to £18.19 per hour depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, participation in a shift system
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- HEYWOOD, Lancashire,
Temporary HGV Mechanic x3 - Transport & Fleet Services
Reference no: Rochdale 0008 0D8E / 1
Pay rate: Up to £18.19 per hour depending on experience
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, participation in a shift system
This opening assignment is for 2 months
City: HEYWOOD, Lancashire
Category “B” and Category “C” driving licence required
The purpose of this role is to inspect, service, test, repair and maintain any vehicle or plant item brought into the workshops at the discretion of the Management and assist in training the Apprentice in the vehicle maintenance section. To assist and participate in the provision of council services within the Environmental Service Area to ensure all customers’ expectations are achieved within budget. Candidates must be able to participate in a shift system and to work overtime to meet the needs of the service as and when required.
- Service, maintain and repair the fleet of RBC vehicles up to 3,500 kg GVW.
- Service, maintain and repair any other vehicle up to 3,500 kg GVW, when instructed by management, to the highest possible standard and quality.
- Carry out class 4 and 7 MOT tests.
- Participate in overtime working to meet the needs of the service as and when required.
- Service, maintain and repair the fleet of vehicles in excess of 3,500 kg GVW when instructed by management, to the highest possible standard and quality. Prepare vehicles in excess of 3,500 kg GVW for annual goods vehicle testing to department of transport standards.
- Service, maintain and repair the fleet of specialist items of plant equipment when instructed by management, to the highest possible standard and quality.
- Participate in Council programmes of in-service training as a trainee and when required as a trainer facilitator. Attend any training sessions either on or off the job when instructed by management.
- Work with minimal supervision and to accept responsibility for the direction of work for apprentices and labourers.
- Carry out site servicing and roadside repairs as required appropriate to the relevant skill level.
- Carry out minor body repairs within competency as and when required.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- City and Guilds level 2 in Vehicle repair or equivalent.
- Category “B” driving licence.
- Category “C” driving licence.
- Previous experience of working on HGV vehicles.
- Experience of servicing vehicles to manufacturer standard and preparing vehicles for MOT test to DVSA standard.
- Fabricate and welding experience.
- Able to carry out effective repair of hydraulic and pneumatic vehicle systems and diagnose and repair of complex electrical systems.
- Experience of diagnosing faults using computerised diagnostic equipment.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
Skills & Abilities:
- Willing to work flexibly to the needs of the service.
- Able to participate in a shift system.
- Able to work overtime to meet the needs of the service as and when required.
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
HGV Mechanic x3 – Transport & Fleet Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.