- Pay Rate:
Up to £18.00 per hour depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday to Friday, 06:00-18:00
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- MIDDLEWICH, Cheshire,
Temporary HGV Mechanic – Fleet Service
Reference no: ANSA 5238870
Pay rate: Up to £18.00 per hour depending on experience
Hours per week: 37 Monday to Friday, 06:00-18:00
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
City: MIDDLEWICH, Cheshire
An HGV Mechanic is required to undertake a wide range of vehicles and plant servicing, fault diagnosis and defect rectification, using specialised equipment associated with Fleet operations to meet the requirements and legal responsibilities. To inspect and test vehicles to VOSA, MOT and Taxi Licencing standards. Hours are currently between 6am and 6pm on a rotating shift pattern, operational changes in the future may move the late shift to finish at 9pm.
- Undertake regular, ad hoc and scheduled repairs, servicing and safety inspections of LGV's and other vehicles in accordance with statutory requirements, including the preparation of all fleet vehicles for testing (ranging from LGV to small vehicles) in order to ensure that vehicles are serviceable to maintain Goods Vehicle Operators Licence.
- Inspect other vehicles plant and specialist equipment to diagnose faults (mechanical/electrical/hydraulic) and repair as necessary. Provides out of hours break down covers for all front line services.
- Carry out MOT Tests for Mini Busses (Class 5) Cars (Class 4) and motor cycles for customers including general public. Carry out conformity tests as required by taxi operators licensed by the authority and other specialist tests e.e. LOLER upon request
- Complete all necessary records relating to the inspection, service and repair of all fleet items in accordance with statutory and administrative requirements. Liaise with colleagues, vehicle operatives and managers to prioritise workload, organise replacement parts and/or specialist support when required
- Monitor and direct the activities of the apprentices and other newly appointed employees to ensure they are working safely during probationary period.
- Provide off site repairs and breakdown cover as required by front line services including roadside attendance.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- HGV mechanics to city and guilds or IMI NVQ Level 3 or equivalent and operational experience.
- Ideally holding Irtec qualification.
- Further training and qualifications for MOT testing
- Driving Licence.
- Hold an HGV Licence, Abrasive wheels, fork lift and loler tester certificates.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Technical experience and competence in a range of vehicles from small agricultural plant to LGV's used.
- Time served 4 years training plus operational experience.
- Working knowledge of the use of equipment.
- Good knowledge of Maths and English for completion of duties including timesheets and Service sheets.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to diagnose faults requiring high technical knowledge.
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
HGV Mechanic – Fleet Service
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.