- Pay Rate:
£14.98 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Health & Safety Auditor - Infection Prevention and Control
Reference no: Derby RQ803387
Pay rate £14.98 per hour PAYE
Engagement with the wider Derby City Adult Social care providers to promote high standards of IP&C across the sector. Contribute to the wider DCC/ CCG IP&C pilot by undertaking IP&C audits, data collection and maintenance of accurate records
- Promote and deliver high quality audit activity and report / escalate any problems to the Health and Safety Team Manager and the Acting Community Lead for IP&C.
- Feedback results of audits in a timely manner to DCC Commissioning, NHS partners and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) where required.
- Promote a safe environment and IP&C standards by modelling best practice and always following infection control policies and procedures
- Effectively communicate and use negotiation skills to ensure service providers effectively utilise IP&C standards across the Derby’s adult social care sector
- Accurate records are kept securely, reflecting Information Governance principles
- Awareness and understanding of sensitive information, always ensuring strict confidentiality
- Support colleagues with the delivery of training, coaching, and mentoring such as, back to basics training with adult social care providers and signposting adult social care providers to agreed IP&C training
- Ensure own practices adhere to IP&C policies and procedures and supports other social care colleagues in doing the same Able to recognise and challenge IP&C practice that is unsafe/ or does not reflect policy
- Contribute effectively as a member of the multi-professional team, building and maintaining appropriate relationships and actively participates in regular team meetings
- At all times ensure that own actions support and promote equality, diversity and the rights of customers, the public and colleagues within adult social care
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- ***Qualification details and all other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) - please give full details within your CV document.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Health & Safety Auditor - Infection Prevention and Control
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.