- Pay Rate:
£40.09 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- KENSINGTON, London,
Interim Head of Homelessness – Housing Needs
Reference no: K&C 5243859
Pay rate: £40.09 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: KENSINGTON, London
Working at Kensington Town Hall for the majority of the working week
The purpose of this role is to manage and lead the homelessness services, providing strategic leadership to meet the statutory requirements of the new Homelessness Reduction Act and other housing legislation. To transform front line services to meet enhanced duties and develop strategic and operational partnerships with key stakeholders in the public and third sectors. To lead the Council in reducing expenditure on temporary accommodation through the effective management of front-line demand, integration of front-line assessment services and promotion of sustainable housing solutions.
- Provide leadership to the multi-disciplinary teams that deliver homelessness advice, prevention, relief and temporary, delivering high quality customer focused services.
- Responsible for the transformation of front-line housing services to meet the new housing duties outlined in the Homelessness Reduction Act and other Housing legislation and statutory instruments.
- Put in place performance measures to review periodically the impact of new duties on clients, and services, analyse trends and plan for sustainable service delivery at the highest standard; and ensure that housing assessments are conducted in line with the legislation and are in compliance with Council Policy and all internal and external standards.
- Provide strategic direction to the planning and implementation of new service delivery within a complex and high-risk service area comprising front line reception and triage assessment services, homeless prevention and relief services and private sector procurement service.
- Lead on Rough Sleeping strategies and pathways to ensure statutory obligations are discharged.
- Lead all aspects of single homelessness work.
- Provide direction and management to Homelessness Teams, to plan, develop and deliver statutory duties in line with Council Policy and priorities to reduce net expenditure on Temporary Accommodation through effective management of front-line demand, tailored personalised options and streamlined assessment process. This includes planning and preparing for transformational changes to service delivery.
- Provide leadership to allocated teams of staff, managing, recruiting and developing teams, directly supervising a defined group of senior managers, and supervising the work of staff allocated to projects and programmes. Also, drive the development of staff, using coaching and other activities to support the development of team members, providing feedback to staff through appraisal and other supervisory activities.
- Lead on responses to all issues relating to front line housing assessments, housing plans, technical/legal housing issues, integration and digitalisation of personalised front-line assessments, responses to statutory changes and to local political directives.
- Create and deliver a wide range of homeless prevention initiatives in accordance with all legislative and good practice requirements and to ensure that the Council has both the long-term strategy and robust operational controls needed to manage housing demand and client expectations.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent.
- Experience of managing part 7 decision making and supporting officers in dealing with complex homelessness cases.
- Experience of training front line homeless staff on legislative changes.
- Extensive experience of leading teams and/or services to deliver outcomes in a customer focused environment.
- Detailed knowledge of homelessness legislation, guidance and case law, and knowledge of the broader housing environment particularly part 6&7of the Homelessness Act and the Homelessness Reduction Act.
- Knowledge of case law and good practice.
Skills & Abilities:
- Proven ability to lead and provide strategic vision and leadership.
- Proven ability to monitor performance and take remedial action to achieve targets.
- Ability to support and develop staff to achieve a high level of staff satisfaction.
- Proven ability to set and manage complex budgets, achieving excellent outcomes.
- Ability to review service delivery to achieve higher quality and best value and demonstrate success.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Ability to write complex correspondence and reports.
- High level of IT skills working with a data base and software applications to produce presentational material and reports effectively.
- Advanced negotiating and interpersonal skills and the ability to manage key relationships with Commercial partners, maximising the financial benefits to the Council.
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Head of Homelessness – Housing Needs
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.