- Pay Rate:
£397.32 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Shefford, Bedfordshire,
Interim Allocations & Lettings Officer – Housing
Reference no: C Bedfordshire RQ823012
Pay Rate: £397.32 per day PAYE
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Head of Highways will lead the delivery of efficient, cost effective, customer focused services. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of approx. 80 staff across asset intelligence, strategic planning, contract and commercial functions as well as the operational delivery of structural maintenance, drainage, bridges, road safety and traffic management schemes and routine maintenance.
- Manage the term service contract with our main contractor, developing a strong partnership approach and ensuring timely delivery of work to give the best outcomes for our residents.
- Improve performance by working with internal colleagues and the contractor to develop and implement appropriate action plans.
- Manage any changes and the impact of rescheduled works, ensuring risks and dependencies are understood, managed and communicated to all relevant stakeholders.
- Work closely with colleagues and contractors to address service delivery requests, concerns, and feedback in a timely and customer focussed manner.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with all key stakeholders including management team colleagues, team members, other service areas, councillors, Town & Parish Councils and residents.
- Forecast, control and approve spend against allocated budgets using both our dedicated contract management system and our internal finance system.
- Lead and develop managers and staff to be focussed on getting things done; prioritising and delivering services and ultimately achieving the right outcomes for the council and our residents.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A relevant degree or professional qualification.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Demonstrable breadth and depth of operational service delivery management expertise within Highways.
- Demonstrable commercial and financial acumen with experience of managing and delivering services to budget and driving efficiencies.
- A solid understanding of commercial and contractual principles and experience managing contracts and suppliers.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to establish and maintain professional, productive relationships and influence and negotiate effectively.
- Management experience at a senior level and evidence of motivating, coaching and mentoring staff and leading change.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Head of Highways
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.