- Pay Rate:
up to £39.08 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday - Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ASHTON UNDER LYNE,
Interim Head Of Facilities Management Climate & Energy & Capital Projects
Reference no: Tameside 0008 76C2 / 1
Pay Rate: up to £39.08 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 37 Monday - Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
City: ASHTON UNDER LYNE
This role will lead, plan, deliver and develop an expert Facilities Management Service. Leading and embedding a Corporate Landlord approach to ensure effective management of Council services and operational property whilst ensuring the Council maximises service outcomes in relation to financial planning, cost estimation and budget management taking a whole life cost approach.
In addition, this role will lead and develop a professional Capital Programme delivery service aligned to the councils Capital Strategy and Strategic Asset Management Plan objectives, including supporting the development and delivery of a five year rolling capital investment programme. Consistently deliver capital projects on time, within budget and to a defined quality standard and customer expectations.
- Be the professional lead for Corporate Facilities Management, Corporate Landlord, Environment and property project definition, design, development, governance, construction and delivery. Ensuring statutory compliance at all times.
- Management of the Capital Programme delivery service and the operational estate.
- Providing a lead for complex property advice to Council departments and promoting the corporate use of the property assets across the Council and for project and construction advice to Council departments.
- Providing a lead for high level, operations and change, governance and maintenance of operational property and management of Capital programme governance.
- Providing a lead for advice and producing reports for complex issues to Council representatives and client services.
- Manage a team of professional staff, contractors and consultants, undertaking developing plans and options appraisals on a regular basis and identifying training needs in accordance with the service.
- Manage, monitor and commission a variety of systems and software for the management of Capital Projects and Adaptations Services with a focus on integrating cross-function systems to benefit the organisation.
- Establish processes and systems for information and data management that can inform direction and strategy development. This shall include the development of BIM, Property Data Management, Project management, programming and monitoring, CAD and technical services within the function.
- Produce documents and reports for executive committees, legal, finance and other services as appropriate.
- Undertake all required procurement activity in accordance with organisational policies.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Level 6 first degree in a relevant discipline such as management, construction, design or project management discipline or relevant experience managing an equivalent function.
- Chartered Membership of a relevant professional body, such as RICS, CIOB, CIBSE, APM, RIBA, CMI, IWFM etc.
- Holds a full UK driving license and has access to a vehicle for use at work
- Experience of planning & delivering effective facilities management services including compliance, contract management, climate change and energy management
- Experience of planning & delivering or managing effective capital project delivery services including compliance, contract management, design, project management, procurement and supply chain/ framework management
- Experience of working on property matters that cut across service boundaries
- Experience of working in a politically led environment and managing relationships with senior officers and elected members effectively
- Experience of working within public sector operational property and capital delivery function, ideally within a Local Authority, however other relevant public sector organisations such as HMRC, DWP etc. shall be considered with the appropriate work experience
- Experience of managing facilities management teams in a complex corporate or public service environment
- Experience of managing Capital project delivery teams in a complex corporate or public service environment
- Experience of construction/ project management practice and methodology
- Experience of leading and developing a property capital investment team, project management team or professional design service (desirable)
- Experience of working on climate change and energy management, in both a cross organisational and regional context (desirable)
- Experience of working on Capital Project/Construction Matters, in both a cross organisational and regional context (desirable)
- Evidence of leading and coordinating a facilities management or property department
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong communication skills with the ability to manage in person and in writing complex problems, complaints, investigations and cases internally as well as externally.
- Has a good standard of IT skills with the ability to use common software packages such as Microsoft Suites. when necessary, where public transport is limited.
- Excellent planning, report writing, presentation, organisation and co-ordination skills with an ability to prioritise
- Strong analytical, interpretation and problem-solving capacity and an ability to apply these skills to the local context
- Able to build personal credibility with colleagues and partners and operate to high professional standards
- Innovator who is able to work constructively under pressure
- A self-starter with a motivation to deliver results & a positive attitude to change
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Head Of Facilities Mgmt Climate & Energy & Capital Projects
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.