- Pay Rate:
£13.44 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month until further notice
Temporary Gypsy & Traveller Service Officer – Housing
Reference no: Cardiff RQ717340
Pay Rate: £13.44 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
It is mandatory that any potential candidates have access to their own vehicle as there are no transport links in close proximity to the local authority Gypsy & Traveller sites and individuals are required to travel between sites on a day to day basis.
The purpose of the role is to provide a comprehensive and proactive tenancy management and support service to the Gypsy & Traveller community residing on local authority sites. To assist in the general operation and development of the service area.
- Deliver a comprehensive Site management service at a high standard across a range of functions such as voids, rents, anti social behaviour and referrals.
- Be a point of contact and carry a caseload, ensuring clients have access to support based on their individual needs. This includes making referrals, sign posting and advocating as appropriate.
- Promote a financially viable site management service, by monitoring and collecting rent arrears.
- Contribute to reducing digital poverty and minimising health inequalities which impact on the Gypsy & Traveller Services users.
- Provide excellent customer service, listening and empathising with service users, showing a desire to help and support at all times whilst maintaining clients understanding of realistic outcomes.
- Ensure information provided specific to the Gypsy & Traveller community, including Homelessness, Housing Benefit, Council Tax reduction, Welfare Benefits, Welfare Reform, Housing Enquiries, and a wide range of general Council services is up to date and accurate.
- Undertake regular proactive visits to ensure compliance with health and safety, tenancy management, unauthorised guests, rent monitoring and pitch abandonment.
- Lead the weekly reconciliation and banking of electric and water sales.
- Participate in the unauthorised encampment protocol, by attending unauthorised encampments and serving section 77 eviction notices.
- Assist with Void control, maintaining the Gypsy & Traveller sites waiting list and processing the allocation of pitches.
- Contribute to the local community and work with the local police and associated services to reduce issues and create a positive environment for all.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Measurable experience of working with similar service users to those accessing accommodation specific to the Gypsy & Traveller community.
- Experience of Housing Management Processes.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate well in a manner appropriate to individual needs, by phone in person or in writing.
- Demonstrates the ability to work as part of a team, showing a willingness to assist others and a commitment to meeting the objectives of the team.
- Demonstrate an ability to set, prioritise and carry out tasks within a supported accommodation setting or other similar environment.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarify.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Full and valid driving licence and use of own car essential.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Gypsy & Traveller Service Officer – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.