- Pay Rate:
£17.27 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- WOOLWICH, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Principal HR Advisor – Human Resources
Reference no: Greenwich RQ615152
The responsibilities of this role encompass the duties of both a senior HR advisor and Team Leader for HR Advisers, Assistants and Trainees. In addition, you will be required to deputise for the Deputy HR Team Manager/ Strategic HR Manager as necessary. Your key responsibilities will primarily focus on case management and the management of change at all levels, working in partnership with managers in order to support them in achieving their people management outcomes.
Provide thorough and technically comprehensive advice to internal and external customers on a range of human resource and workforce development issues including but not limited to; employee relations, disciplinary and grievance, employment policies and procedure organisational design, resourcing and succession planning.
Working in partnership with managers at a senior level to establish an excellent understanding of their service and the challenges they face to proactively identify opportunities for operational and strategic intervention.
- Provide high quality, focussed advice and guidance to managers in relation to organisational change and the application of the council’s formal employment procedures.
- To lead a team of HR officers providing HR advisory services and embed agile working across the HR Professional Services Team by responding to the needs of Directorates as required, acting as an expert point of reference for the team.
- Develop excellent communication channels to work in partnership with all partners and senior stakeholders. Identify the need for and design bespoke interventions to build capacity and capability of services and the organisation, evaluating interventions to ensure they meet agreed targets.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Fully CIPD qualified
- Experience of the management of complex casework including re-organisations and TUPE.
- Experience of management all aspects of Human Resources within Local Government - desirable
- Experience of working with management, employees and trades unions to achieve staffing related service delivery improvements and evidence of successful management of professional teams bringing about improvements in services through change management and influencing the behaviours and actions of others.
- Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- Up to date knowledge of employment legislation, its legal implications and HR best practice
- Commitment to CPD – both personal and professional
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the Employment Tribunal Service and associated services (ACAS) - desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills, effective management of staff and resources
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and delegate with experience of designing & delivering workshops and briefing sessions and experience of working with computerised information systems.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills, resilience and the ability to work effectively with people at all levels within an organisation with the ability to engage and motivate individuals and teams in meeting performance objectives
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Principal HR Advisor – Human Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.