- Pay Rate:
£11.95 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- GREENWICH, London,
Temporary Licensing Delivery Technical Officer / Admin - Private Rented Properties
Reference no: Greenwich RQ1041556
Pay rate: £11.95 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: GREENWICH, London
A Licensing Delivery Technical Officer is required to assist with providing an effective, efficient and timely private rented property licensing administration service that meets statutory requirements and accords with the Council’s policies, practices and procedures. Provide general administrative support in a busy working environment, updating databases and the processing of property licence applications and act as the first point of contact for receipt of private rented property licensing application enquiries.
- Provide technical clerical and administrative support for the efficient delivery of private rented property licences.
- Process private rented property licence applications, including renewals, variations, amendments and the notification of Council decisions on matters relating to licences in accordance with legislative requirements and council policies and procedures.
- Provide a first point of contact for receipt of private rented property licensing application enquiries and to provide accurate technical advice on processes and legal requirements relating to such licences as well as sending out the appropriate literature upon request.
- Deal with enquiries in person and by phone in a professional, confident and positive manner, in accordance with the Council's policies and standards on customer engagement, delegating and redirecting callers, or work arising, as required, and ensuring that urgent action is taken where necessary.
- Follow laid down procedures to undertake administrative checks of all certificates and documentation provided by licence holders and new applicants, checking statutory information is correct, including dates and notice periods, confirming as appropriate that licence application conditions have been met.
- Review application technical plans and drawings to determine and set applicable capacity within the property in accordance with relevant Housing Standards.
- Ensure that all required information is collected and accurately entered and recorded on relevant database system to enable proper processing of licence applications, liaising with relevant people as appropriate.
- Receive and process enquiries, comments, consultation and objections relating to private rented property licensing matters and arrange mediation with all interested parties as appropriate.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- 3 GCSE's, Grades A-C, or equivalent including English and Mathematics.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- A track record of identifying, initiating and implementing service improvements and the ability to introduce new systems, measure their effectiveness and develop tangible outputs.
- Experience of the delivery of an area of work relevant to the regulation of Private Sector Housing and Licensing desirable.
- Experience dealing with external agencies to deliver positive outcomes for local people and project management desirable.
- Demonstrable knowledge derived from working in support of a service comprised of housing professionals, including understanding and appreciation of private sector housing and relevant licensing provisions, legislation and standards.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to produce written guidance on matters within the post holder’s knowledge, expertise and professional competence including, interpretation of legislation and applicability as well as implementation of compliance codes, best practice and working procedures/protocols.
- Ability to ensure the management of all high-risk cases within priority deadlines, and respond to complaints, correspondence and enquiries within corporate deadlines.
- The ability to set up and develop partnerships and networking arrangements with other council departments.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a wide range of people.
- Ability to work as part of a team or under own direction.
- Able to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Licensing Delivery Technical Officer/Admin - Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.