- Pay Rate:
£24.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7 months
- THAMESMEAD, LONDON,
Gas Service Engineer x5
Reference no: Greenwich RQ752409
Pay rate £24.00 per hour PAYE
Basic DBS disclosure required
To undertake highly skilled activities across a wide range of Gas related jobs in domestic properties, ensuring that the quality of works meet current, Gas Safety (Installation and use) Regulations 1998 requirements. To keep accurate records of works undertaken and materials used
- To provide a wide range of professional Gas related skills throughout all contracts serviced by Building Services, and where appropriate, to take a lead role when working as a team or in conjunction with other trades (up to 5 others).
- To have a concise understanding of Domestic Gas works in order to carry out repairs and installations as needed. Certificate work when completed. (NB this acknowledges personal liability as per regulations).
- Apply and fully complete the correct CP12 certification or equivalent.
- To operate and maintain Gas testing equipment ensuring annual calibration is carried out. Following testing decide on appropriate actions including, if necessary, evacuation of premises and involvement of direct emergency services.
- To hold appropriate certification for all Gas works undertaken.
- To set out work from an engineering drawing.
- To supervise and train apprentices and other trainees/work experience individuals as assigned by management.
- To drive and operate vehicles within your capabilities as requested by the line manager. To maintain required qualifications/licences and accreditations for all these vehicles.
- To liaise with the line manager and Building Services admin staff to discuss job orders, and to where necessary agree variations to orders before undertaking the work.
- To liaise with client officers and residents on works orders providing advise and experience. Where necessary discuss work with client officers and initiate variation orders as needed
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- CCN1, CENWAT, CKR1, HTR1, CPA1
- Knowledge of control systems would be an advantage
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience working on domestic gas boilers
- Experienced on breakdowns, and servicing of all types of Domestic Gas appliances
- Able to work under your own supervision or as part of a team providing an efficient, effective and courteous service to Borough residents
- Flexible approach to working Hours
- Must have your own Van. With appropriate insurance
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Gas Service Engineer x5
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.