- Pay Rate:
£23.99 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- EDMONTON GREEN, LONDON,
Gas Quality Inspector - Domestic
Reference no: Enfield RQ776779
Pay rate £23.99 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure required
Gas Quality Inspector, to provide quality assurance across our domestic gas services. Working in conjunction with the M&E & Compliance manager, you will be responsible for monitoring the quality of works completed by contractors and undertaking regular audits, to ensure our suppliers have the necessary systems in place to deliver their contractual obligations in line with the Councils KPIs
- To provide technical oversight and quality assurance to the council’s domestic testing and compliance, programmes.
- To fulfil an audit and inspection programme, to validate and monitor the quality of domestic gas work, across the housing and community hall portfolios, including capital project works; new build and regeneration schemes.
- To provide technical advice to colleagues in regards to the specification; repair and maintenance of gas appliances; gas supplies and carcasses; hot water services and domestic ground source heat pumps.
- To undertake feasibility studies, surveys and inspections of existing installations in order to produce schemes works and reports to a high professional standard.
- To act as Contract Administrator for small project works (up to a value of £50,000)
- To review O&M information, upon receipt and in liaison with the Compliance Delivery Officer(s), ensure PPM programmes are reviewed/ updated to ensure all systems are subject to suitable maintenance, testing and inspection programmes.
- Provide assistance and support to the Housing Asset Management team in support of the Councils Asset and Sustainability strategy and wider Carbon objectives
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to GCSE level (with pass grades in English & Maths) or international equivalents
- Technical qualifications or equivalent:CCN1 – Core domestic gas safety certificate; CENWAT – Central heating and hot water; CKR1 – cookers; HTR1 – gas fires
- Knowledge of Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations and associated British Standards
- Knowledge of products and performance specifications for boilers; water heater; heating systems and ground source heat systems
- An understanding of the Carbon Neutral agenda and retrofit schemes in sector
- At least three years experience, of working in a similar role in social housing or residential environment
- Able to review/ draft technical specifications relevant to gas installations
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Gas Quality Inspector - Domestic
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.