- Pay Rate:
£20.77 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- Kettering, Northamptonshire,
Interim Gas Engineer Supervisor – Property Services
Job Ref: NNC (HQ) TCL 15613
Pay Rate: £20.77 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, 8am to 5pm
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 6 months
City: Kettering, Northamptonshire
The purpose of the role is to supervise and provide assistance to NNC gas engineers (team of 8-9 members) on servicing and breakdowns (repairs), help diagnose faults etc. Conduct Toolbox talks on H&S and gas. Support the Gas Team Leader. Deal with customer care issues. Liaise with other depts within NNC lead officers and members. Conducting reports, audits, health and safety.
- Maintain work procedures and systems which ensure that an effective, efficient and accountable service is delivered.
- Ensure your service area responsibilities are properly coordinated across work areas and fit for purpose in order to meet both the Councils and its customer’s expectations.
- Ensure effective liaison with Team Leaders, other Repairs Officers, Works Coordinators and Managers within Housing Development and Property Services and the wider Council.
- Ensure your service area has a strong and effective relationship with the One Stop Shop in order to meet customer demands.
- Provide an effective and efficient service for both customers and the corporate body.
- Provide effective management of the tradesmen and repairs including contractors, where appropriate, voids and any repairs backlog caseloads, and to ensure impact on the service is minimised in terms of costs and time.
- Ensure that you have a strong working relationship with Business Support in ensuring the service is coordinated and delivered.
- Ensure that your staff carries out their functions and account for time and materials in delivering an efficient and effective repairs service.
- Hold regular meetings with your staff and contractors ensuring clear direction and meeting key delivery issues. All meetings to be minuted for future reference.
- Ensure that standard management procedures and protocols are maintained, in line with good practice policies.
- Ensure good relationships with partner organisations, Elected Members, Chief Officers and tenants are maintained and are appropriate.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Full UK driving licence required for this role.
- Good general education to GCSE level or equivalent.
- Served a recognised relevant apprenticeship in Gas, Heating and Ventilation or Plumbing.
- Current Gas Nationally Accredited Certification Scheme (NACS) qualified minimum CCN1 with at least 3 other elements.
Skills & Experience:
- Methodical, accurate and able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise work.
- Minimum of 2 years on site supervisory experience.
- Experience of contractual procedures using standard forms of contract.
- Must have experience managing a team.
- Familiar with budget performance and monitoring.
- Able to deal with confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Gas Engineer Supervisor – Property Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.